No tenants in 2 of 3 IP's... What would you do?

Agree 100%. People are strange emotional beings which is not good for investing. They sell the good ones to support the bad ones. Exactly the same with shares. People sell the ones that have had good growth to make up for the losses on the bad ones. Keep this strategy up and you end up with a portfolio of dogs.

I don't disagree about the selling of the Agnes property. The main problem is that we need to $320,000 for it to pay off the loan ($307,000) and the RE fees.

We can't take less than that as we have no extra money to pay off the loan with!

If you look at what is for sale currently in Agnes, I think we might have problems getting that amount of money...

Do you have landlord insurance that covers you for the recent lease on Agnes?

You may need to bite the bullet and put something on the market. Preferably something that isn't cross-collateralised if that is possible. I'd be inclined to put everything on the market and sell whatever gets an appropriate offer first.

Can you add value to anything by doing a subdivision or getting a DA to put on a second house?

Could you turn Agnes back into a holiday rental?

Could you rent out your PPOR or get a boarder?

If you're going to have difficulty making any payments you should be proactive and talk to your bank

Can you sell a car?

Have you got junk to sell on ebay? Have a garage sale.

Are you due for a tax refund? If so can you get that lodged quickly? If your husband's time off work will reduce his taxable income for this year look at doing a Income Tax Withholding Variation.

Have you or your husband got any skills you can sell? Get a book by Loral Langemeier called The Millionaire makers guide to creating a cash machine for life

More options...

Do you have landlord insurance that covers you for the recent lease on Agnes?I do have landlords insurance, but the people had not paid any bond I don't think it would be covered

You may need to bite the bullet and put something on the market. Preferably something that isn't cross-collateralised if that is possible. I'd be inclined to put everything on the market and sell whatever gets an appropriate offer first.
Everything is Xcolled. Corio loan is $151,000, might sell for $170,000 at a push less RE fees. As mentioned in the above post Agnes owes more than it is worth because of corio. IF we sold Corio that is CF+ we would have no choice but to put the excess money (If any) onto Agnes as they are mixed up. Gladstone is the only one that is worth selling as it only has a loan of $250,000 on it and should sell for about $350,000. BUT if we sell that, then we are left with the DOGS as someone else posted!

Can you add value to anything by doing a subdivision or getting a DA to put on a second house?No, no chance of that

Could you turn Agnes back into a holiday rental?
That might be possible, but it would need all new furniture etc as the stuff that was in it when purchased was in terrible condition after 2nd last tenant left and RE did not tell me! We went down while it was empty and had a good look, and I was shocked that they had been trying to rent it like that... That was Ray White RE who are no longer in business in Agnes

Could you rent out your PPOR or get a boarder?
This little house we are in at Bundy is very small and my Auntie and uncle are living out the back (Say no more about that) We have spent money trying to fix it up, but have run out before we got the bathroom done. shower over bath, 1600 X 2400. I do not think anyone would WANT o live here as a boarder+ what do we do with the relatives if we desided to rent it out?

If you're going to have difficulty making any payments you should be proactive and talk to your bankNow this is one I have thought about, I even have the papers printed to fill in

Can you sell a car?Have an old Daewoo lanos that my husband drives,my old car (Cheap on petrol) as he works hours away from home + the good car Commodore that is held with the bank for a personal loan to reno this house! so no way of selling any cars

Have you got junk to sell on ebay?Might try Gumtree instead as no fees Have a garage sale.This is defiantly one of the best ideas, we will be defiantly doing that when he gets out of hospital

Are you due for a tax refund? YES! If so can you get that lodged quickly?have it booked in with out accountant for the day hubby comes out of hospital If your husband's time off work will reduce his taxable income for this year look at doing a Income Tax Withholding Variation.When he gets over the operation, he is hoping that the construction industry has picked up again and will be on "Good" money again and he is not a fan of TWV I am affraid.

Have you or your husband got any skills you can sell?no, not really Get a book by Loral Langemeier called The Millionaire makers guide to creating a cash machine for life
I will look into buying that right now...

Thanks for all of your advise everyone. I am going to ring the Agnes RE and get them to put it on the market, but befreo that ring the lady who owns the front unit and put it to her if she wants to buy it with out any RE commission, best of both worlds...

Well I rang my bank to find out how much to payout the Agnes Water property, and was told that because it is X-colled with the Gladstone property that property would have to have another valuation done on it!
I said, but we have a loan of only $245,000 and it was valued at $365,000 last December for CGT purposes.
She said, No not good enough as they have different criteria for mortgages.
I said, I want to sell the property with the biggest loan (Agnes) on it, not the smallest one, didn't make any difference to her...

Anyone have any thoughts on this??

Go back and check your landlord policy for rental coverage, ours pays out after the first month (presumably this is the period that the bond would be covering)

Go back and check your landlord policy for rental coverage, ours pays out after the first month (presumably this is the period that the bond would be covering)

I have since spoken to my PM and she has told me that the young couple never signed the lease, it was draw up for signing, but didn't happen as they went back to Brisbane because she was sick!.

So insurance won't help in this case.

It is going on the market as soon as the RE bother to email me the paperwork to sign! I rang Tuesday morning to confirm it is for sale.
Agnes Time... more like pantene time "It won't happen over night, but it will happen (Eventually)

Tenant finally...

Woo hoo... finally got a tenant in Agnes water Duplex.
Lady with 3 kids again... $220 per week. 6 months lease, all signed!!
Only took 4 months to find a tenant! :p

Place is also on the market for sale... $310,000 Wish us luck.:)

Back