North Ryde

Hi guys,

Looking at an IP > PPOR for my sister. It would basically be an investment property for at least five years and then possibly be converted into a PPOR. She was originally interested in Artarmon and Lane Cove which both seem good, North Ryde just seems really interesting to me, it's near the Macquarie centre, it's got a train station (new line?) not too far from the city.

Discuss!

Hi,

I work in the North Ryde area and, I have seen it change ( from 2006 to present ), more so in terms of traffic since Optus moved their offices here. The train line is relatively new. You got Macquarie Uni, hospital and shopping centre. Are you looking for an apartment or t/h or house? There are some areas to avoid I think, those which have the electric lines hovering overhead. I've got heaps of friends who live in the Ryde area, and catch the bus going to work, I think Ryde is more catered towards families, whereas, the areas close to North Ryde, you will get lots of uni students renting.

There are new apartments to be built along Waterloo road, not too sure if you like the idea of purchasing Off The Plan tho.

:)

Back