North Western Sydney Suburbs

What do you guys think about investing in North Western Sydney suburbs such as Glennwood, Kellyville Ridge, Acacia Gardens and Stanhope Gardens? These suburbs have > 10% annual growth forecast (by Residex). Been noticing price growth particularly here in Kellyville Ridge recently. And with the new Rouse Hill developments near by (too expensive over there, I think), I would think these suburbs will attract middle to above-average income families. I've also read that North West Sydney is one of the fastest growing communities in NSW.

Here are my comments on the Northwestern Sydney area (ie Hills District):

Demographics: Good. It seems more affluent people are moving there. The whole area is newly developed and most houses looks new. But of course that also makes most houses look the "same" or "lack of character MacMansions".

Educations: It seems most schools are pretty good there. I don't know too much about it though.

Transport: Shocking. No decent public transport except Hills bus which costs an arm and a leg, not to mention M2 having only 2 lanes meaning bad traffic going to city on peak hour. They are looking at building the Rail Link but it could take years to do it ..... And people living in Hills almost have given up. The roads were not designed to handle all these development.

Jobs: Well Norwest Business Park is booming right now with a lot of companies moving there. Castle Tower is expanding .....

Shops: Plenty .... Castle Towers will be doubling soon, and it was already huge. Rouse Hill is developing something big there. Not sure about others.

Hope this helps. Rouse Hill is nice BUT it is probably too expensive for the distance from everywhere else. If public transport is a big deal for u, you may try Pennant Hills and Thornleigh or Normanhurst. At least they have a train line now ....

PS: I live in Cherrybrook, which is both Hornsby region and Hills region. Maybe u can look at living there.

Transport: Shocking. No decent public transport except Hills bus which costs an arm and a leg, not to mention M2 having only 2 lanes meaning bad traffic going to city on peak hour. They are looking at building the Rail Link but it could take years to do it ..... And people living in Hills almost have given up. The roads were not designed to handle all these development.

It is the weakness of the Hills area but keep in mind that not everyone works in the city.
If you live in the hills and work somewhere like Hornsby or North Ryde then your travel time won't be so bad.

PS: I live in Cherrybrook, which is both Hornsby region and Hills region. Maybe u can look at living there.

Starting to concentrate on Cherrybrook myself for PPOR. One thing I noticed is those damn Power Lines and towers running thru some parts. :(

I am interested in your views of the area ? Any chance you could share ?

Starting to concentrate on Cherrybrook myself for PPOR. One thing I noticed is those damn Power Lines and towers running thru some parts. :(

I am interested in your views of the area ? Any chance you could share ?

I only moved in for the last 2 months and I have to say it is fantastic! People are friendly there. Very lovely part of Hills (in fact probably the best part). Close to Castle Towers which is a plus.

The only negative thing is that in terms of traffic you should get out of Cherrybrook by 7am to avoid all the traffic gridlock around the area.

In terms of education, it is of the highest standard for non-selective high schools.

Note that there are two parts of Cherrybrook, one on the County Drive side, one on Shephard Drive/Purchase Road side. The houses in County drive are much more denser and more duplexes. U may prefer to live in Shepherd Drive/Purchase Road side.

Yes stay away from the powerlines and you should be fine.

Back