NRAS tax offset certificate included in Variation?

Good morning.
last year i took possession of an NRAS property. I had been told that i could include the tax offset grant of over $9000 in my variation. Then later was told no, had to wait until receipt of tax offset certificate, and lodge with tax return, ie 12 months in arrears.
I now have the tax offset certificate ready to lodge for 10/11 tax return. Can I use this amount to lodge in variation for 11/12 year, or do i have to wait till receipt of next years tax offset certificate and lodge with tax return again?
thanks for your advice

Under Section E, E13 there is a section for Tax Offsets. If you have the paperwork and it actually states the words "Tax Offset" then you could put it here. You need to specify what it is for.

Just remember that you don't want to end up receiving a refund from the ATO at the end of 2011-2012 financial year otherwise you may not be able to lodge it for 2012-2013.

So, is it going to be $9000 again for 2011-2012 or some other figure? Be conservative.

Under Section E, E13 there is a section for Tax Offsets. If you have the paperwork and it actually states the words "Tax Offset" then you could put it here. You need to specify what it is for.

Just remember that you don't want to end up receiving a refund from the ATO at the end of 2011-2012 financial year otherwise you may not be able to lodge it for 2012-2013.

So, is it going to be $9000 again for 2011-2012 or some other figure? Be conservative.

I don't believe you can do it but not totally sure. One of the issues is the compliance of your tenancy during the financial year, you would hate to have the place vacant through any period of the following year and then have to pay some tax back.

Back