NSW - Outside Sydney

I wondered if anyone could help me with this.

I’m looking to enter the IP world, initially with about $150 - $200k. Only problem is, I want rental returns over 4% and Sydney doesn’t seem a good candidate at the moment. Is it realistic to look for rental returns around 6% or even more outside Sydney? Ideally, I’d like somewhere you can actually drive to within a few hours. The Southern Tablelands really appeal to me, but that’s just a personal preference.

Rural/Regional areas near (2 hours) from Sydney.

Goulburn, other towns on the hume Hwy may be possibilities

Dear Mr Beer,

If you seek it hard enough you will find it.

However you have to look for it and nothing is given to you on a platter.

Even in a heated market I just saw a block of six units advertised that has a gross yield of 9.9% fully tenanted. Again this is the exception and not the rule. In areas where traditionally there have been cash flow positive properties I am finding agents advertising "7.3% gross yield" as attractive when this would not live up to my own criteria.

Keep looking but importantly don't forget to actually start.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

mr beer,

i also was looking for above 4% returns. yep, more oprions outside sydney.

i recommend you spend some time searching thru the forum posts - there's plenty of info to help you.

also, you can check out St Mary's in Sydney.

you could try the south coast of sydney - 3 hrs drive ulladulla, batemans bay etc - strong capital growth last 2 years but still some buys in the 200k and lack of rental property.:cool:

Back