Offset accounts attached to fixed-rate loans

I didn't think this was possible but a user on another thread mentioned this as a strategy. Were they just dreaming or are there lenders who offer fixed rate, fixed term loans that can also have an offset account ?

I didn't think this was possible but a user on another thread mentioned this as a strategy. Were they just dreaming or are there lenders who offer fixed rate, fixed term loans that can also have an offset account ?

Adelaide, TMB to name a couple. I don't mind either product, particularly for first home owners who are after managing interest rate risk and need an offset facility.

cba have one

oh

you meant 100 % offset : )

I think wide bay and CUA are a couple of others

ta

rolf

There's a few - but you generally pay a premium in terms of a higher rate.

Another option is to simply leave a chunk variable - and link up your offset to that.

Cheers

Jamie

Unless the client is parking majority funds into the fixed rate, I'd rather structure them with a fixed/variable split with a more practical lender who fits their greater needs.

St George have a 70% offset for fixed and Bankwest have a 40% offset for fixed.

Variable/Fixed split loan is the way to go as others have already mentioned.

In regards to redraw v offset Im convinced most bank staff think its the same thing!

In regards to redraw v offset Im convinced most bank staff think its the same thing!

Most do - which is scary.

Had a big 4 banker asking why my own loans were split up - I explained for deductible/non deductible purposes. He suggested I merge them in an attempt to get a better rate :-(

Cheers

Jamie

If the concept is to be able to contribute unlimited surplus into your fixed rate loan and be able to withdraw when it is fixed, Heritage will do it.

Back