Old ABC Toowong site..Brisbane..

This is the old ABC building site that has been vacant from 2006 due to problems with a so called cancer cluster,will be interesting to see if it goes ahead..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-01/development-plans-unveiled-for-old-abc-toowong-site/5711340

5711344-3x2-940x627.gif

I really like the look of them.

Me too,i like the layout, I was sitting on the pontoon watching the city cats go by this morning on the West-End side thinking something like this would be a standout in that prime location,just up the road from the "UQ",5 minutes from the city on the river,i hope it goes ahead,after all the river face on the West-End side is all but built out in "OTP" High-Rise developments..imho..

When the site was used by the ABC it was linked with a higher risk of cancer for its employees (cancer cluster). It will be interesting to see if it continues with the residents.

They look lovely in the promotional mock-up... setting sun over Mt Coot-tha, nice clean white vertical lines...

They'd look very different after a few years of Coro drive traffic exhaust fumes! I think they would age terribly and in 10 years time they'd be an outdated eyesore...

Better to go with something simpler and less than 15 stories!

I've been looking for more recent news on this development. Anyone read anything further on it?

Also, what likely effects would this have on older stock (both in terms of values and rents when 485 or so new apartments demp on to the market, but also on the perceived value of older now modest units in the area)?

They are absolutely heinous!
I bet that waterfront mansion in front of eyesore #3 RHS
Will be loving that! Sunbaking poolside with 1000 people looking at you.

Back