Old school 90's DOS Games

Sounds like some of you guys would like our office/warehouse.

We've got 12 arcade and pinball machines including NBA jam, Simpsons arcade game, space invaders, mortal kombat etc and Sega mega drive, super nes etc. Good fun!

Galaga :confused:

I'm stoked to have found this website today and had to share.

It's a library of a lot of the old DOS games of the 90's.

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos

Can't wait to relive Lemmings and Commander Keen, oh, and California Games and Tetris, and Wolfenstein 3D, and Prince of Persia, and Duke Nukem, and... and... and... :D

Enjoy!

Good times, thanks for sharing. I did not recall many young girls playing computer games, especially in the 90s.

Sounds like some of you guys would like our office/warehouse.

We've got 12 arcade and pinball machines including NBA jam, Simpsons arcade game, space invaders, mortal kombat etc and Sega mega drive, super nes etc. Good fun!

Afterburner was the tops in the arcades, followed by Double Dragon and Time Crisis.

Doom and Command and Conquer.

DOOM! Do you remember the cheat code that will get you to invincible mode (eyes go yellow/egg yolk like ultraman...)?

But at a particular level (30?31?) you can still die.

Me and friends used to get into that mode for the sake of it, and just used fist to beat up everything... haha

I will have to brush the dust off my commodore vic 20 or the old TRS80 with twin floppies - one for MSDos the other for asteroids.
I had a TRS80 CoCo back in 1982 (before PCs and DOS), it only had a tape recorder to record programs and 8.6 K available for development. No monitor, plugged into a TV. Games were not plentiful so I bought an editor assembler and somehow wrote my own space invaders, don?t think I could do it these days.

..and that's why I built this:

Attachments

• IMG_3365.jpg
    IMG_3365.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 62
Love that game, combat, research, expansion......

What is the modern equivalent? Or at least the closest possible?

There's heaps of space 4x games these days, although I don't know much of them except Masters of Orion (2 and 3 are both good, although fairly annoying to play due to the micromanagement).

I'm stoked to have found this website today and had to share.

It's a library of a lot of the old DOS games of the 90's.

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos

Can't wait to relive Lemmings and Commander Keen, oh, and California Games and Tetris, and Wolfenstein 3D, and Prince of Persia, and Duke Nukem, and... and... and... :D

Enjoy!
Ahh the memories!! All of a sudden it's 1994 and I'm in Year 12 again, doing anything to avoid studying... good times :D
Thank you for the flashback!!

Back