One click to help a friend in need

Hello, I usually keep my posts on here property related, but this is another avenue to assist a friend in need with very serious problems.

Ive seen my childhood friend, Olivia grow up with Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia and all the associated pain and surgery that goes with it. Her husband is fighting Rhabdomyosarcoma and her daughter has been recently diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis. They are doing it tough. :(

A credit union is giving three people with the most facebook 'likes' $25k. They are currently in third place and we need to keep them there. One click from you will make a world of difference for them.

Please help. Her story is real. This competition is real. I am just searching farther afield to get the number of likes she needs to make her life just that little bit easier. This link will give you her full story in her words.

http://apps.facebook.com/cuathreewishes/WishDetails/?id=489

Thank you so much for your support and understanding. This will be the only request of members I will post.

Louise.

Definitely worthy of a "like". Also has been shared with all my FB friends too!

I hope all gets much better for your friends and they are given the money they so clearly need.

All the best.

Last edited:
That was my first thought too. You're wise to be a little suspicious with so many scamming via the internet and phone. Actually got a call to give money to a children cancer charity I'd never heard of only today. I told them sorry but I don't give money to people i don't know :rolleyes:.

At a closer look however, three people have a much higher chance of getting caught out than one and it's not altogether unusual if there are nasty genetics playing a part.

In the case of my tenants mother had a debilitating chronic disease and the husband a tumor. They were told she would never bear children but got pregnant with a child with a chromosomal anomaly. The child was born with no pharynx.

I'm sorry.. I dont feel comfortable doing this. I know its your friend, but it seems somewhat suspicious to me. 3 very unusual diseases to hit one family.

Dont want to offend, but it reminds me of the stories in this article
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/26/faking-illness-online-munchausen

I guess clicking "like" isnt going to cause any problems, but I would certainly be wary if you were asked to give money.

Sorry to be a killjoy.....
Pennyk, there is nothing wrong with a little skepticism these days, it pays to be wary, but rest assured the "3 Wishes" CUA offer is real, and am assuming that sadly so to is this poor family's unfortunate health issues.

I've offered my support and I hope everyone else does too. :)

I guess clicking "like" isnt going to cause any problems, but I would certainly be wary if you were asked to give money.

There's a lot of private information stored on facebook. By authorising many applications, you can be giving them information to this information. Liking something probably is fine, but it can potentially lead to other things.

I don't beleive this is a scam, but people should be careful about the information the put into their facebook accounts.

I'm sorry.. I dont feel comfortable doing this. I know its your friend, but it seems somewhat suspicious to me. 3 very unusual diseases to hit one family.

Dont want to offend, but it reminds me of the stories in this article
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/26/faking-illness-online-munchausen

Sorry to be a killjoy.....

But no one asked anyone to part with any money so why would you even say that ?

Done! :)

Just a reminder to those who think they are having a cr@p day, things can always be worse.

Goodluck to your friend.

It doesn't allow me to like while viewing facebook through https which is a pity.

Hope your friend wins, it sounds a very unfortunate circumstance and they have my best wishes.

me too! I see they had to be homeloan customers to enter and I know what it is like to go through medical issues that require time off work with a mortgage. No rent assistance for you and you can be hard put to get other assistance too.

But no one asked anyone to part with any money so why would you even say that ?

For the reason that PT Bear identified... when you "like" something on FB, you are providing personal information, which could potentially be followed up by a fundraising drive at a later date.

An update

THANK YOU!!!!! To all those who took a chance and voted, thank you! Olivia and Jeff won!! They came in third place and got a cheque for $25,000.

Jeff has just had a third round of chemo and has found out that three out of the four new tumours (discovered a few months ago during the competition) have shrunk! I know this family have a long way to go still, but winning this competition will make it jsut that little bit easier. Thank you so much.

Lou :)

Back