One for Skater

LOL! Our one was no where near as bad as that. It was trashed, had termites (we later discovered), but only minor fire in one room. It was more than a few years ago too. That was in 2003.

No! We'll probably not do something so large again (although who knows, hey). Hubby's work hours are just stupid & we're not getting any younger. I've also got Osteoarthritis in my hip & am waiting on a replacement.:( This means I'm not very useful to have around as a helper.

In saying that though.......IF hubby retires soon (it could happen:D), he'll have more time on his hands. Planning on doing some large reno's on some regionals that we've got, so after that's done, he might want to do another......or rest.

how much would this sell for?

The fire damage properties are selling for ridiculous prices

From the photos I cannot see any damage to the roof. If the roof does not require any work then a half decent handy man should be able to do most of the work.
I guess this could fetch close to $200K in today's HOT Sydney market.

Anyone think otherwise?

Skater is too busy building a ski resort in her backyard for her cats to do any kind of burnt out house rebuild

For those at home, here's the thread of our one. I made a mistake, it was 2005, not 2003, and on re-looking at Arungounder's photo's maybe ours did have more work than the one he's linked. It's hard to tell, because you need to expect the unexpected when doing something like this.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20019&highlight=latest+project

We did the lot ourselves, and the cost came out at around $17k, although I'm really good at chasing a good deal on stuff & things are more expensive now than then, so I wouldn't be using that as a guide, if anyone is silly enough to want to do one of these. Our costs included a new kitchen with Granite bench top, large merbau deck, and opening up one wall with some huge French doors.

You also need to account for the 'idiot' factor at auctions. Meaning that something like this could be a great deal, or it could be the worst decision of your life. If you think you could be an auction 'idiot', then for your own sake, stay away.

Looks like a Nathan job.

From the first exterior pic the roof tiles look discoloured. Unsure if that will affect condition.

Looks like it comes fully furnished

image4.jpg

Back