One Seniors Goes Bust

Don't know if this effects anyone here or their rellies but the service provider One Seniors went bust last week without any warning. Their customers were aged and disability pensioners and they provided landline, internet and mobile phone bundles.

My 92 yo father is one effected and lost his landline and internet immediately - he loses the mobile on 22nd May. Telstra powered the landline and internet and Optus powered the mobile network.

Considering a lot of One Seniors clients would be people who HAVE to have the ability to make emergency contact due to health reasons this is a real blow. My father also lives in an area which offers little choice in other providers as well so it's a mad scramble to find an alternative with a similar cost.

Not wanting to be bothered with monthly bills, not having any form of credit/debit card either (he still goes to the post office with his grey Commbank passbook!), my father chose to pay 12 months in advance by cheque so he's lost over half of that money and probably won't get any back we are presuming.

I know companies fail from time to time but in this case it's grossly irresponsible considering their clientele, that the company allowed this to happen.

Anyway, just a heads up............

Back