Open Wealth Creation

Sorry all but this is my last post. I just recieved a private message and somersoft have said that my posts in this thread have been self promoting. Strange as this thread started asking if anyone knew anything about Open but apparently I'm not able to discuss the topic. (my previous posts have been edited by ss)
Safe investing all
Cheers cam

That's strange

Any response you could give regarding your company would be seen as self-promoting :confused:

Hopefully a moderator can clarify

Agree Redwing

Lots of posts and replies here generate leads for certain property professionals both unintentional and intentional.

My 2c is that as long as the are not slagging each others business off than people can make their own decisions on the individual service and if it fits within their investment journey,that said these professionals sometimes need to have thick skin as some of the more seasoned investors are well within their rights on firing them some pointed questions within the forum...

Coota.

And there are others yet, who only post about their business and promote it :confused:

Here

and

Here

Tis a bit confusing as I would think it would be okay to talk about who you are and what you do if asked, as long as that's not all you do and you contribute and value add to the forum

And there are others yet, who only post about their business and promote it :confused:

Here

and

Here

Tis a bit confusing as I would think it would be okay to talk about who you are and what you do if asked, as long as that's not all you do and you contribute and value add to the forum
Your links don't work for me??

Must admit im perplexed as well. Defending his company based on a question doesnt seem much different to BMT and depreciator making comments on the fulllucky thread. Ive seen accountants saying you need tax advice give me a call to discuss and reference to links on the signature. Seen mortgage brokers doing the same. That is blatant self promotion which I actually dont have an issue with but seems strange not to remove those posts as well if that is the real issue.

Rolf,

Not wanting to stir the pot but most property professionals on this site have a URL link to their business..one rule for all I would have thought..

And no I don't have any links with Cam or Open btw...

apparently I'm not able to discuss the topic

No, that is NOT what I said in the private message.

For clarity, here is what was said in the message that was sent to Cam - which was explaining the rules and why some of his posts were slightly edited:

Hi Cam,

Welcome to the forum.

Just a couple of things - we don't allow self promotion, so posting links to your websites in posts or including your email address is not permitted.

You are allowed links in your signature block, which I note you have added - that's fine.

This post was edited to remove the links - I think some of your other posts were edited as well.

Thanks,

Simon

So - just to be clear - you ARE allowed to respond to this thread and answer questions - indeed, we actively encourage you to do exactly this.

However, we do not allow you to post links to your own website or to solicit people to visit your website or contact you directly. Your answers should be via the forum and should be aimed at educating people, not generating business.

You ARE allowed to include links in your signature block.

I'm sorry if something I wrote wasn't clear enough - if there are any questions, please let me know.

Last edited:
Sorry INVSTOR, they refer to some posters here in the Meeting Point who only come on SS to promote their meetings and offer nothing else

Just to clarify this point - given the basis for starting this forum was for education, it has long been Jan and Ian's position that any legitimate free education (or where the charge is based only on "cost recovery" and not on making a profit), is acceptable and should be encouraged.

While we are not impressed by "seminars" which are light on content and are simply an upsell to more expensive education or services - we haven't seen any evidence that the seminars or meetings being promoted in the meeting point forums are in that category.

There is one organisation who only posts in meeting point - but the people behind that username also post on the forums under another username which is identified by the services company they represent. We did query them about this, but there are multiple people involved - not just one - and the seminars are quite distinct from the services company (no doubt there is a degree of soft cross-promotion by association, but no hard upsell that we've seen evidence of). We were satisfied that the educational value of what was being offered justified the posts that were being made.

Either way - if you do have concerns about any posts which seem to contain self promotion, please do report them so that we can investigate.

Not wanting to stir the pot but most property professionals on this site have a URL link to their business..one rule for all I would have thought..

To make this explicitly clear - you ARE allowed to have links to your website(s) in your signature block, you are NOT allowed to link to them in your posts. Same goes for email, phone number, etc.

Spoke with OWC last year. The book and their techniques have merit within, some good direction/inspiration if you're starting out looking at property investing imo.
The house n land package sales push was where I became less impressed, northern corridor of Brisbane but lots of comparable land available (not infill as they suggest), priced well above both median and comparative properties prices in the exact same area, only build through one builder...lots of red flags there for me, so went no further.
Not saying they're dodgy, I just wasn't comfortable proceeding after I scratched the surface.

.... and this is why I asked if there was an affiliation with builder and BA.

One needs to be very wary of a set up where BA is only using one builder for land and house packages?? why is it not shopped?? in particular if the build costs are high because there may be additional commissions paid to BA for sourcing clients which are not disclosed. However, it will be the client who is actually wearing the additional costs.

Smart investors will always shop land and house packages, and compare apple with apples, size of home, specification etc.

.... and this is why I asked if there was an affiliation with builder and BA.

One needs to be very wary of a set up where BA is only using one builder for land and house packages?? why is it not shopped?? in particular if the build costs are high because there may be additional commissions paid to BA for sourcing clients which are not disclosed. However, it will be the client who is actually wearing the additional costs.

Smart investors will always shop land and house packages, and compare apple with apples, size of home, specification etc.

Absolutely agree MTR. There are so many conflict of interests here its not funny.

And no I don't have any links with Cam or Open btw...

Me neither..

Thanks for the replies Sim

Somersoft is a large and attractive pool for many companies, the Mods do a great job in general looking after the members and trying to keep threads on track, I was just curious re the above posts, good to have the feedback

Somersoft is a large and attractive pool for many companies, the Mods do a great job in general looking after the members and trying to keep threads on track..
Absolutely. I wonder how Mods manage to do this for so long. I would get sick of it in a week!

No, that is NOT what I said in the private message.

For clarity, here is what was said in the message that was sent to Cam - which was explaining the rules and why some of his posts were slightly edited:

So - just to be clear - you ARE allowed to respond to this thread and answer questions - indeed, we actively encourage you to do exactly this.

However, we do not allow you to post links to your own website or to solicit people to visit your website or contact you directly. Your answers should be via the forum and should be aimed at educating people, not generating business.

You ARE allowed to include links in your signature block.

I'm sorry if something I wrote wasn't clear enough - if there are any questions, please let me know.
There's always two sides to every story! Thanks for clarifying.

FWIW an Open Wealth Creation consultant came and met me yesterday (Kosta?). He seemed friendly and knowledgeable - 28 year old with 5 properties himself.

I've read the book and I like the theory, cashflow neutral-ish newer houses just under the median in the middle-ish burbs. This is what's worked well for me.

They'll post you a book if you register on their website (4 year old property investor). I'm half way through and it's a good read.

They tell me they make money from both the upfront fee (9-10k or 2.2%) and also sales commission from the developer (which I will ask how much this is). I don't have a problem with people making a cut as long as I'm paying the same or less than going direct (just like mortgage brokers) and that all cuts are disclosed.

The theory is buying via a group is you get better bargaining power with the developers - i.e. fixed price contracts vs variable add-ons, guaranteed start/end dates and so on.

I'm going to have a second meeting with their more senior advisor.

If anyone has any questions they want me to ask them let me know.

Back