Opinions invited for Pye road, Quakers Hill

Hi there,

I am looking around Quakers Hill for my first home, $370K budget, townhouse as target.

Pye road, between Woldhuis St. and Pearce Rd., impressed me much when I drove there:
- close, but not so close, to railway station
- Wright Reserve in front
- looks new and clean

Can anybody share your opinions for Pye road, i.e. on safty, living convenience, and etc?

One specific question, is it counted in new side of Quakers Hill or old side?

Thanks

Yes it's considered the new side. Should be able to buy something easily at that price range. Regular listings pop up in Lalor, stanbury, highfield & hillcrest. Easy to rent, never had issues with significant crime. Might see you @ some opens.

4future
Not a bad spot for a first home.
Can you find a duplex for that price?
You'll have no strata fees to worry about.

Thanks, Empty Pockets. I joined some open inspections on the roads you mentioned. We might meet in some one.

@Bill, thank you for your reply. I had read almost all your posts on Quakers Hill before making this one, and learned a lot.

Would you mind sharing some comments on neighbourhood around Pye road, as I remember you lived, (are living?), nearby for pretty long time?

I haven't got chance to inspect duplexes.

Cheers

Not many duplexes around for sale at the moment.

Just to clarify 4future, are you looking for an IP or PPOR? Do you need to be close to the station?

Hi Twobobsworth,

It's for my family to live in. Would be great if it's 15 minutes walking to the station. That's why I pick up Pye road at the moment.

Thanks

Would you mind sharing some comments on neighbourhood around Pye road, as I remember you lived, (are living?), nearby for pretty long time?

I don't live there anymore but you can tell from the look of the street that it isn't a bad area. You should be aware that Pye road has a fair amount of local traffic and there is a high concentration of townhouses on Highfield & Hilcrest.

The closest public school would be in Acacia Gardens, probably 1 km away.
The sports fields are always busy there and Corbin reserve is good for jogging and for walking your dog. The closest shops would be on Farnham rd (5 mins drive)

I wouldn't over analyse things.
The location is convenient so if you like the property and the price is right go for it. Are you looking at the townhouses backing off to Corbin reserve?
There are more townhouses on Lalor rd and check out Standbury place as well. Since you can go up to $375K there are definitely more options, you just need to keep looking. Not long ago there was a house selling for $350K at the corner of highfield and Lalor rd but I saw it too late and someone else bought it.

Good luck

Cream/white house with the bikies?

I'm not sure of the exact look, I liked the location.
I saw it online and with or without bikies it was going to be mine but when I called,
it was already under contract and the sale must have gone through because the agent didn't call me back

Thank you, Bill. It's very helpful.

Corbin reserve is a little bit far away to station for me, as for some reason, I would have to walk to the station pretty frequently.

How about safty around Pye, Highfield, and Hillcrest? Quakers Hill Police Station is at the corner of Pearce rd and Lalor rd. Should it be useful to make a relative low break-in or theft from car?

Meanwhile, many kids seem take school bus on Pye road. I always assume neighbourhood of families with kids should indicate a safer living place. Just wondering how much it fits the reality there.

Cheers

Have a walk around there and see if you like the streets.
Personally I prefer Lalor rd and Pye rd over Hillcrest and Highfield.
The Police presence IMO is a plus so I'd be surprised if there were any break ins at the train station car park.

I think crime rates in QH would be a thing of the past.
I lived in Summerfield for more than 10 years and we never had any break ins in our neighborhood. Almost every house had a dog though but it never felt unsafe to walk the streets even late at night.
My son still lives on Lalor rd.

How about safty around Pye, Highfield, and Hillcrest? Quakers Hill Police Station is at the corner of Pearce rd and Lalor rd. Should it be useful to make a relative low break-in or theft from car?

Meanwhile, many kids seem take school bus on Pye road. I always assume neighbourhood of families with kids should indicate a safer living place. Just wondering how much it fits the reality there.

Cheers

Quakers Hill as a whole is a relatively safe area. I lived there for several years and was a police officer there for seven years. The time I was there I never experienced many reports of car break ins or break and enters within Pye Rd - Pearce Rd area and outside the train station. I still have many copper friends live in the Quakers area with one living in Highfield St still. Good luck with the house hunting. Ta.

Quakers Hill as a whole is a relatively safe area. I lived there for several years and was a police officer there for seven years. The time I was there I never experienced many reports of car break ins or break and enters within Pye Rd - Pearce Rd area and outside the train station. I still have many copper friends live in the Quakers area with one living in Highfield St still. Good luck with the house hunting. Ta.

Thank you, Jezza13. It seems I am liking QH more and more. :)

I have been reading all the threads on Quakers Hill with interest. My husband and I are looking to buy our first home on a budget of <$350k. We have been looking at the older side of Quakers Hill and have found a house in Nyngan St.

Should we be avoiding this side of Quakers Hill? We still have to live in the house for at least 2 years and want to make sure it is safe.

Thanks in advance

I have been reading all the threads on Quakers Hill with interest. My husband and I are looking to buy our first home on a budget of <$350k. We have been looking at the older side of Quakers Hill and have found a house in Nyngan St.

Should we be avoiding this side of Quakers Hill? We still have to live in the house for at least 2 years and want to make sure it is safe.

Thanks in advance

Hi Jazzie,

I'm basing my opinion when I was last there in 2005 so things may have changed since then. However, regarding crime rates and safety within Nyngan Street have a look at the below attachment that lists 'hotspots' within the Blacktown LGA 2010.

When I was working as copper there at Quakers Hill between 1997 and 2005 I remember the only jobs I had to attend within the Nyngan Street vicinity were mostly domestic violence incidents. As the area is cheap for a reason (ex and current housing commission) the clientale weren't exactly white collar workers but in saying that I did attend houses on the newer side of the rail line for jobs as often as I did on the older side. In fact at the time I knew a couple of coppers that lived and grew up on the older side not far from Nyngan Street.

I personally lived on the newer side of Quakers off Bali Drive for several years but that was because I preferred the newer housing. Hope this has shed a little light on the subject.

Attachments

• Hotspots_2010_Blacktown.pdf
    14.9 MB · Views: 406
Should we be avoiding this side of Quakers Hill? We still have to live in the house for at least 2 years and want to make sure it is safe

If you find a property you like and is priced well then go for it.
I don't know how much housing commision is left there but the area is changing by the day, troublemaker tenants are being priced out of the area and are moving further out or interstate.

Thank you very much for your replies Jezza13 and BV, they were very helpful!

We took a drive out there last night and sat in the street and went to the local Woolies just to get a feel for the area. I think in our price range there is always going to be troublemaker tenants, and as you pointed out BV they are being priced out of the area every year.

Thanks again

Summerfield avenue

Hello all,

I am looking for some properties <450K in QH and 1 in Summerfield ave catch my attention, just wondering if you know this street is good living? As a few house were advertised, so i'm a bit questioning :)

Btw, how can we know if our neighbours are good? Can you pls advise?

Many thanks,

Hello all,

I am looking for some properties <450K in QH and 1 in Summerfield ave catch my attention, just wondering if you know this street is good living? As a few house were advertised, so i'm a bit questioning :)

Btw, how can we know if our neighbours are good? Can you pls advise?

Many thanks,

Which summerfield number?
Also, you can't pick your neighbours, they move as they save up and upgrade

Back