Opinions

My opinion on specific subjects definately changed due to being exposed to a broader cross section of opinions on here.
The reason for coming on here was due to lack of opinion within my circle of friends apart from "debt is bad", "live life for today and party, who cares about tomorrow".
I have only taken property investing seriously for the last 2 years as I have been preoccupied with career, getting married, starting a family etc. Once I had the "aha" moment and realised it would be via passive income obtained through property investing that I would concentrate my energies so as to secure my financial future I engrossed myself in learning more.
My opinion that changed due to the forum was in regards to strategy. Now the strategy you take needs to be one you are comfortable with and personally all I wanted was a strategy that would achieve the best results in the shortest timeframe which I could realistically utilise.
I used to have the opinion that it was best to buy property only in blue chip areas and rely on CG for wealth creation but now my opinion regarding areas that are not classed as blue chip have changed dramatically as has the strategy that I feel most comfortable and happy with.
Whose opinions do I give more weight to is a trickier question as I prefer listening to people who have the runs on the board so before I rate an opinion I try to qualify the poster through researching previous posts. I also give more kudos to opinions that are supported by posters whom I rate.

My opinions have been changed on many subjects through what I've read here.

I came knowing nothing, have slowly over time developed a strategy and am still fine tuning it and ramping up to suit me.

In terms of who do I listen to - those with the runs on board, and those who take the time to critisize in a constructive manner - this has helped me greatly in terms of looking at my blind spots (or those bits I didn't want to acknowledge and ignored).

Back