Orange, NSW ?

I'm hearing good things about the of Orange and you can still pick up cheaper homes with good rental returns. Does anyone have information on Orange? future plans? better or worse streets etc?

According to Terry Ryder, Sam Sam Saggers from Positive Real Estate, Orange is one of the best investment locations ATM in AU. I'm researching the Town at the moment and considering buying there. You might want to look at Terry's report National Top 10 Boom Towns Hotspots from 2010 where Orange is included.

According to Terry Ryder, Sam Sam Saggers from Positive Real Estate, Orange is one of the best investment locations ATM in AU. I'm researching the Town at the moment and considering buying there. You might want to look at Terry's report National Top 10 Boom Towns Hotspots from 2010 where Orange is included.

Well in that case, its too late then lol

Hi All,

I am quite new to property investing but I thought I would ask since I am looking to buy in Orange.

Would it be better to pay one of these ex housing commission houses for around $120k or pay almost double just so that you can live in a nicer part of town?

You would obviously get higher yields in the lower end houses but is the risk that much greater? I am thinking the cheaper houses are better value so would probably be the way to go.

What chance is there that these 'rough' areas will gentrify over time?

I am currently in the process of sniffing around the area.

As above, the ex DoH stock is restricted to owner occupier. I'm not sure if it is 5 or 7 years. PRD Nationwide is the agent to speak to about them.

You can get into the market for less than 90k as an investor for cheap 1 bed units, but for any house you are looking at a minimum of 180k+ for a house you can actually rent out.

Back