Origin 2009

I'll put this out there since nobody else seems to have yet.

The eve of Origin is around us in what has been one of the most controverisal years in NRL - off the field. On the field, nothing really super massive except for the amazing losing streak of some of the teams (moreso the NSW ones).

Seems to me that the thrill of origin seems to be a bit 'lower' than previous years, especially with pretty much everyone who's in the footy tip Queensland for a decisive victory - yet again.

Does NSW actually stand to win - much less even get a few tries? I do wonder...

C'mon - what really does NSW have going for it? Mismanaged government, mismanaged players (except those imported or coached in from Qld or NZ)....

NSW could only wish for the leadership of Anna Bligh and her forward thinking, and the excellent Qld NRL Teams... :confused:lol

But the bottom line

Qld will do it again in '09, led by Lockyer - who is still - in my mind, one of the greatest players of all time.

Get that up ya Urban Cowboy:D

The first origin game is my most looked forward to game of the year. I think the maroons will win as the blues are fielding a very inexperienced (but very talented) young team. Bellyaches' coaching could be decisive tho.

But if they get a sniff, could be an upset. I'd love to see the blues get up but maybe not this year. Should be a great game all the same.

As for NSW the state. It is a bit of a basket case (since the Olympics) with mismanagement over the years. But one thing it has got is massive potential.

If we get a leader and a government with a half a brain to turn it around it could be the (financial and otherwise) powerhouse it once was pretty easily.

Im going Qld to make it 4 yrs in a row. Still love the first game with the first hitup. I'll be watching with my kids and a bundy in hand :)

You better put the banjo down. Don't want to spill any Bundy. :D

GO THE BLUES!

Im going Qld to make it 4 yrs in a row. Still love the first game with the first hitup. I'll be watching with my kids and a bundy in hand :)

ex20072181-090-wm-vs1.jpg

This photo about sums up State of origin.

Some of those Queensland forwards are getting on a bit. Civoniceva is 33 and Price is 35. That's the one chance NSW may have, youth and enthusiasm. Not many big names, nothing much to lose. Good luck NSW.

I'm going into the club. Should be beers and nibblees plus the big screen.

Go the Blues.

See ya's.

I used to go to all the games in the old days. Biffs on the field, biffs in the outer, biffs on the hill and somewhere there was a football. :p
I think there are some cockroaches on the forum who are going to be stomped tonight :D

Thats a classic shot. I used to love Tezza's aggression. He's still getting into a bit of biffo on the Central Coast.

ex20072181-090-wm-vs1.jpg

This photo about sums up State of origin.

Some of those Queensland forwards are getting on a bit. Civoniceva is 33 and Price is 35. That's the one chance NSW may have, youth and enthusiasm. Not many big names, nothing much to lose. Good luck NSW.

I'm going into the club. Should be beers and nibblees plus the big screen.

Go the Blues.

See ya's.

Odd ain't it. NSW has always had the depth: Their 2nds would almost be as strong as their 1sts. Qld only has enough talent to field one team, but you can only field one team afterall.

No real Queenslander will ever forget Fatty Vautin coaching a team of nobodys to a clean sweep. LOL

The Blues got tired of being accused of being show-ponies, out-muscled by Red Pride and have lifted their game, but tonight's effort was not heroic.

Typical origin game. Very close and could have went either way. NSW very unlucky with some calls, especially that first non try down the sideline. Maybe, probably the best side won, but,..?? can't wait for the second game,

See ya's.

unlucky with some calls, especially that first non try down the sideline.

That should have been decided on the touchy's flag. It didn't go up. Ifs and buts are what sport is about though.

As an aside I'm disappointed with the two whistle blowers. I had hoped that they would just set the 10 metres and watch for forward passes but they seem to be unduely technical. Why not give 3 points for a penalty and find a hundred technical infringements? While you're at it: Add a couple of flankers. LOL

If Hayne learnt to watch where he was going on the field he would have had a try and maybe a different result would have come out. When he plays for Parra you can see his continual frustration at being stuck with a team of fumblers. I'll bet he cant wait for his contract to end so he can be traded somewhere else.

But he learnt his lesson on how to run down a sideline after that didnt he

I'll give NSW might win one game - but that'd only be due to keeping the ratings up for Channel 9.

The reality of it is that Qld is just too good and the depth of talent is brilliant. Hodges might be out of Origin but hell, that aint bad because it opens up a spot for Sailor to come back in and put some old school stink back into the game

Back