Outback rentals provide fat yields

Interesting article from the Courier Mail.....I wish they wouldn't print this stuff b'cos now everyone will be buying in these places driving the prices up ;)

Main article

Rental houses in the outback mining centre of Mount Isa were the standout star performers across the state with an average gross rental return of almost 10 per cent in the June quarter 2004

Rental properties in places such as Stanthorpe, Mount Isa, Emerald, Blackwater, Roma, Chinchilla and Dalby outshone Brisbane in a huge way.

"It all depends on your particular circumstances and what you want to achieve. If you've got good cash reserves to outlay on a property, then you might be more interested in going closer to the metropolitan areas where you are assured even in the medium to longer term of very good capital growth," Ms Bergin said.

"But if you don't have a lot of cash, if you are a younger investor or just starting out and you are interested in maybe not positive gearing but fairly close to it and you can afford to borrow say $150,000 with a rental yield of about 7 per cent - which is a lot more affordable - then you go further afield and you go to Stanthorpe.

Ecogirl

Yes we hate those articles as we were looking around Mt Isa for about 5 houses. Oh well it may help the capital gains :p
Peter

I agree it makes it difficult but if you are in the market it's great...ha ha
seriously it's all hype anyway...i think you will find a lot of people are out of the market now and chasing other options...
all we need is another little scare and i think those who know what they are doing will clean up.....

cheers mitch

pete152 said:
Yes we hate those articles as we were looking around Mt Isa for about 5 houses. Oh well it may help the capital gains :p
Peter

Pete
Make sure you read the bottom of the article as well regarding Mt Isa.

Ecogirl

Back