Over the top progressives

Have a go at this.

I can't believe this has actually happened.
A kid is expelled from school in Ohio for 3 days for using his finger to point like a gun in the playground.

What's even more disturbing is the school calls his finger gun a " Level 2 lookalike firearm"

This is going way way too far IMHO.

Check out the video halfway down the page for a laugh with Glen Becks take on it.

Have a go at this.

A kid is expelled from school in Ohio for 3 days for using his finger to point like a gun in the playground.

What's even more disturbing is the school calls his finger gun a " Level 2 lookalike firearm"

Check out the video halfway down the page for a laugh with Glen Becks take on it.

Agree, a little over the top, however I can understand given all the school shootings they've had.

It's not ok to shoot someone and its a behaviour, even pretend, that they are not going to tolerate.

I thought guns were compulsory there.

I find it more disturbing that every effort to control guns appears to get defeated or circumvented. Even a psychological check on a purchaser is considered a bad thing by the gun lobby.

I thought guns were compulsory there.

I find it more disturbing that every effort to control guns appears to get defeated or circumvented. Even a psychological check on a purchaser is considered a bad thing by the gun lobby.

You can buy a gun at your local Wal Mart, crazy stuff.

Isn't it a little hypocritical of them. Culturally it appears they are all for guns as adults, kids see this and accept it as a way of life. Then kids go to school and get punished for acting out what they perceive their elders to be doing and talking about (and in some incidences, no doubt encouraging).

Such mixed messages for these young ones.

Do some of you realise there was no gun?

It was his finger !
It's childs play, been going on for generations.

I thought Glen and his mates really sent this up very well.

It's way over the top to suspend a child of 10 years old for pointing his finger gun and then to call it a "level 2 lookalike firearm" is absolutely nuts.

How can his finger hurt anyone?

Shakes head and amazed at the direction we are heading regarding indoctrination of children.

I'm not so surprised about an atheists club being banned- I'm more surprised that a Christian group was allowed to meet. The movement to keep any religious expression out of schools and public bodies has been strong- in this case there appears to have been a double standard.

In the second case there did not appear to be this inconsistency. An secular group was not allowed to meet. However there seems to be an inconsistency in the description of the group. A secular group implies no discussion of religious belief. Atheism however is a religious belief even if it is a belief that there is no god.

To me I think it's good that government and religion are kept separate. In the US it's even more important as the first settlements were founded by people who were escaping government support for a state religion. But if separation is supported and enforced it should be applied consistently to any form of religious expression.

Have a go at this.

Um, helloo...maybe if they stopped everyone from being able to easily and legally possess guns, their gun problem might actually decline a bit, and the paranoia might decrease along with it.

I know you can't completely eradicate the things, but our level of gunshot murder here in Aus would be low by comparison I'd say (Martin Bryant type events included).

Mind you; we lot are getting pretty good on the PC garbage, sueing schools for b/shoit things and putting kids in cottonwool, so it wouldn't surprise me if it occurred here before too long.

I mean; you can't even put up an Christmas tree or sing a Christmas song these days without some fool getting all twisted in a knot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Law school professor recommends to never speak with the police. However I think a certain level of cooperation may help you avoid retaliation from a power abusing officer who may get pee'd off if you don't say anything. It's also good practice to video record them during any interactions. I'm not saying all police are corrupt and abuse their power but the ones who do can turn your life upside down.

The US citizens have plenty of rights.....and they have plenty of organisations pushing every amendment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYBshAScmE

I'm not so surprised about an atheists club being banned- I'm more surprised that a Christian group was allowed to meet. The movement to keep any religious expression out of schools and public bodies has been strong- in this case there appears to have been a double standard.

9gag.com/gag/176/because-i-m-not-allowed-in-schools

The irony of their whole gun culture is hilarious. The US government maintains military bases all over the world and then people get surprised when kids take guns to school and think it'll solve their problems. Jeez, I wonder where they got that idea from? :rolleyes:

The irony of their whole gun culture is hilarious. The US government maintains military bases all over the world and then people get surprised when kids take guns to school and think it'll solve their problems. Jeez, I wonder where they got that idea from? :rolleyes:

I know right? When will they learn that children base their understanding of the world and expressing their feelings through their countries foreign military relations.

Just the other week I saw a kid placing sanctions on another kid because he said 'not it' when he was most certainly 'it' in a game of chasey.

Law school professor recommends to never speak with the police. However I think a certain level of cooperation may help you avoid retaliation from a power abusing officer who may get pee'd off if you don't say anything. It's also good practice to video record them during any interactions. I'm not saying all police are corrupt and abuse their power but the ones who do can turn your life upside down.
There's the clue as to why the person's life is being turned upside down right there...

If you don't ever have to be involved with the police over anything, your life possibly won't need to be turned upside down.

Folks only "never speak to the police" if they have something to hide from them, I would wager.

Folks who insist on disrespecting the cops, or being "difficult" can probably expect to have their "life turned upside down" and deservedly so; in my opinion.

They are just humans doing a thankless and dangerous job every minute of every shift, so treating them the way we would like to be treated usually produces a good end.

Do we like to get a speeding fine? No.

But, it's not the cop's fault the speed limit is 100km's and you were doing 108km's.

Does this mean we give the cop a mouthful because we are peeded off, or totally ignore him/her like they aren't there when they ask you a question, etc? Yeah, go for it if you want...

But then don't sook if your "life is turned upside down" when he decides to take a bit longer and find all your car unroadworthiness issues, and so on.

See how it works?

I have been let off speeding fines a few times by being nice and courteous. I've had lesser fines given for the same attitude.

Nowadays; I very rarely ever speed and don't get fines - staying at the speed limit (or barely over it) can be hard to do - but is doable.

Not committing crimes/breaking laws is way easier...voila! no cops.

The simplest solution is to live a life where you don't cross paths with the folks in blue, and hope they are around to help you when you need them..

Last edited:
I saw an absolutely ridiculous interview on Sunrise a few months back after yet another school shooting..

Andrew MacGee (pretty funny guy) was interviewing this American guy about the whole gun culture/gun rights thing over there.

The guy suggested that they should invent kids' school bags which are bullet proof so they have some form of a shield to use in the event of the shooting spree.

Um; hellooo

Andrew MacGee looked down the camera with that "are you kidding me?/I can't believe I just heard this" expression, and then said to this guy; "How about we simply remove the guns from the society and then they won't need the bullet proof school bag!?"

Now; there's a concept.

I've never owned a gun; never will. Don't need one. I've felt plenty angry enough in my life to want to kill folks too.

Just couldn't see myself wandering around The Mall with a kitchen knife doing much damage though... a well-placed swing from some Nanna's handbag from behind, or a charging 125kg mall skank smashing into your legs from behind with her double-pram would put you out of action pretty fast in that scenario. ;)

Back