Owner Builder Course Help

Dear all,

I am thinking of completing a owner builder course (national course code: 91509NSW) online to prepare myself with potential managing to relocate a house to another location or later organising to build my own project house rather than using a project builder.

I had a look at a list of providers who offer this course including TAFE and some independent businesses. Does anyone recommend the TAFE course ($265) or some independent buinesses who I see offers slightly cheaper (around $200)? Anyone has done the course and any feedback?

http://training.gov.au/Search/Searc...Organisation_gridRtoSearchResults&pageSize=20

appreciate any feedback or comments,

Newbie:)

Yeah I've done it. So easy, did it in half a day while chillin at my sisters babysitting my little niece. The answers are given to you on a silver platter.

I'll check which provider I used.

You need to get your white card as well.

The hard bit isn't the certificate. It is being able to manage labourers and schedule works. A half day course isn't really that helpful to do that.

Just be honest with yourself if you are well organised or not. Lots of good advice on here tho.

Good luck!!!

yes, i don't mind to spend few dollars on a course but it does sound like its a pretty generic online course where answers are mostly given to you.

i think its a start if you want to be an owner builder. Like most things, you have to throw yourself into the actual projects, make few mistakes (hopefully not too costly), review and do it again to become a successful owner builder.

thanks for the reply. :)

I wouldn't skimp on a cheap online course.. Invest in one that offers something like this
XYZ are constantly providing their students with additional resources and services to assist you as an Owner Builder. Save time and money by using these resources through out your project. As a student you can access amazing buying power through XYYs' relationships in the construction industry. You will also have access to reputable and professional consultants and engineers who are happy to deal with owner builders. No more cold shoulders from suppliers and consulting professionals.

Back