Should I do a tafe course on Building & Construction to help with developments?

NHG is right.

I went a similar path.

Would I do the course now if I wanted to be a developer? No. BUt where do you get the knowledge from. Those "courses" where so called bloody experts sign you up to some Developers university are BS, IMO.

The nearest thing to prop development is land economics degree and most don't go on to develop. Like any architect never swing a hammer or develop for profit.

Learn here, and perhaps find someone at SS developing themselves like Michael Whyte did in Sydney and then ask to be lackey to learn.

At late 40 i know so much only because I have working in the game and seen it go wrong or right and thankfully with other person money.

Again, your strategy is to be a developer then go find one and work cheap but development is NOT easy and A BIG PUNT. Find Michael Whyte MONA VALE thread and see what can go wrong and how a 2 year deal because 8 year journey.

I know this is not helping that much.

Peter

That's also another option, I know practical experience will beat anything I can learn from Tafe or books, but I don't have any family or friends in construction. I also believe no one does things for free - why would a successful developer need a 'lackey' or 'volunteer'? What do they get out of the relationship?

I've just enrolled in a TAFE course Property Investment and Development. It's offered through OTEN (TAFE NSW online), I'll try to remember to post some feedback once it's under way.

Not sure how much "building" there will be in the Development part of the course.

Back