Paint Sprayer

Today we purchased a paint sprayer.We had just about enough a painting everything by hand the old fashioned way.We figure when we are doing properties all white, it will be much quicker and cost effective.
We have also ordered the roller attachment, for when we do the walls a different color than the ceiling and do not want overspray.
Wasn't too expensive..$450 and the roller attachment is $275. Just need to set this pump over the paint container and has a 25 ' hose (can also buy longer hoses)
We will spend the time masking the cupboards and trim this weekend. In this particular property we are replacing all the flooring with carpet and VC tile, so we do not need to worry about spilling paint on the floors.

Just wondering if anyone else uses them and if they worked as well as you expected?

Yep, we use a sprayer, particularly on new places and wouldn't leave home without it! We have picked a colour that looks ok allover, so no picking out, just mask the windows and go for it.:D

When you do the masking make sure the tape is down tight as sometimes the pressure can blow under and lift it.

I haven't used or seen the roller attachment though.:)

The roller has a feed to it so you don't need to keep dipping it in a paint tray.Just squeeze the trifgger for more paint to come thru the roller.

so you mean an airless spray gun setup :) they are brilliant for large areas quickly, but don't get too trigger happy :D
If you want to do a really dodge job with one colour don't worry about the masking and just scrap the paint off the windows later, you know like some of those car paint jobs were the badges and everything are painted over :p

how did it go?

Today we purchased a paint sprayer.We had just about enough a painting everything by hand the old fashioned way.We figure when we are doing properties all white, it will be much quicker and cost effective.
We have also ordered the roller attachment, for when we do the walls a different color than the ceiling and do not want overspray.
Wasn't too expensive..$450 and the roller attachment is $275. Just need to set this pump over the paint container and has a 25 ' hose (can also buy longer hoses)
We will spend the time masking the cupboards and trim this weekend. In this particular property we are replacing all the flooring with carpet and VC tile, so we do not need to worry about spilling paint on the floors.

Just wondering if anyone else uses them and if they worked as well as you expected?

Would love to know how your spray paint job went.Also,where did you buy it from?

Would love to know how your spray paint job went.Also,where did you buy it from?

Cameron's Paint store.(Nova Scotia)
This weekend we are masking off, but hope to start spraying soon.
Will keep you posted how well it worked.
When we painted our 11 unit building, we used a paint sprayer...but the carpenters did it.

Hi,
I am new to this forum,have just been lurking in the background for a month or two.I am available and happy to help with any questions you need to ask about painting.
I have a life long history in restoration of the older Queenslanders and modern new homes.

The spraygun to buy for smaller work is called a Wagner Crewman,
It is the cheapest Airless spraygun on the market and will do the job for the handy person nicely.Not designed to be used everyday,however it will spray acrylic paint without watering it down.
For the person who needs more,buy a second hand larger wagner airless spraygun for around $1000 and you wont kill it.I have one that is over 15 years old and is still going strong.

am interested in how the spray painting went.
i want to spray paint the wardrobe but not to sure how well it will cover..

Still haven't used it.
I've been removing the wallpaper and borders the tenants had put up.Rob is still taping off and repairing any holes in the walls.This is very time consuming. We expect to start this week.
We are going to spray paint the primer, and then using the roller attachment for the top color.

I bought an ASM Zipspray 2100 for under $1000 from the US. The store no longer sells them but these guys do. It does come in a 240 V version... with an australian plug even. Locally they are available but pretty expensive. I don't know why these things are more than twice as expensive in Australia. I bought mine for less than 50% of the Australian price including shipping.
Just found it for $2700 locally
Cheers
Pulse

Hi Pa1nter. I am glad you are here on the forum. I think you might get a lot of questions.

Are you south side or north?

Hi Pa1nter. I am glad you are here on the forum. I think you might get a lot of questions.

Are you south side or north?

Hi
I have been in the Lockyer Valley (Hattonvale) for about six years now,however we use to live at Boondal on the Northside,moved here to create a family out of the way of the traffic.however it seems to be following us.

We love it here,property values are doing great.
Amberly air base is only 20 minutes away,
Large Gatton prison is being built 20 minutes away as well.
30 minutes from Redbank shopping centre,
30 minutes to the top of the range Toowoomba.
Right smack in the middle of all the good things.

Feel free to ask for advise,I also work for a large project builder,so have a little inside info there as well.

Well, Rob has been spraying and rolling his little heart out this week.
After all the masking off, which takes considerable time, he started praying the primer. Works very fast. Since I am insisting we use a nuetral color, and not white, for the top coat, Rob needed to use the roller attachment.
It's a little bit cumbersome, but much faster than dipping the roller the old way.He likes spraying much better.
When we repaint our apartment building units we are using only white for both coats, so it will be much faster.
We just need to have the house revalued in a year for financing, and white is too stark for a home.

For $450 for the sprayer and $275 for the roller attchment, we both think it was a great investment.So 2 thumbs up:)

I bought a sprayer for $150 a few years ago and did the whole Outside of the house (Permalum). Looked a million dollars in the end and has been on for over 10 years.....Some permalum salesmen said it wouldn't stick, yada, yada....but i just did it anyway.
JB

wow they mark prices UP for Aus

we have an graco 390 (under the ASM brand) with roller attachment, 24 inch and 48 inch extension ( so I can reach 8 10 12 foot ceilings with spray or roller) 25m hose and it was $800 all in

Last edited:
wow they mark prices UP for Aus

we have an graco 390 (under the ASM brand) with roller attachment, 24 inch and 48 inch extension 25m hose and it was $800 all in

remember that Airfreighting it to Aus will easily cost a couple of hundred

Back