Which type of tradesperson to hire?

We've purchased a place and I'm just want to ask what tradespeople we need to hire to do the following:

- Paint ceiling, floors, mainly and possibly a few touch ups on the doors, etc
- Replace carpet to timber / floating floorboards
- Replace rangehood (it is ducted)
- Fix a blocked burner on a gas stove-top.

- Possibly build a workbench outside kitchen to extend prep area... Kitchen is a decent size but could do with a little extra space to work on, once appliances are installed. May not even be needed...
A complete kitchen reno is an idea but would need to remove an internal wall as the space already looks to be utilised as much as it could be,

So questions:
Which tradespeople do I need to do each job.
Is it possible that I could hire one person / company to do everything? Would they just subcontract it out anyway?

Recommendations for particular tradepeople? Located in or servicing the Hurstville area.

Would love to learn and do the work myself, however between two full-time jobs, I am unable at the moment.

Also, in terms of paint, will prices vary much at the end of the day if I supply the paint myself?
As for flooring underlay and floorboards, I know I'll have to shop around for that.

Regards.
Klassen

Last edited:
Painter for ceilings & touch ups or decent handyman.
Range hood handyman (if it has a gpo) sparky if not.
Carpet layer or flooring shop.
Stove repairer or if it is a burner replacement, diy.
Kitchen - kitchen place or joiner or decent handyman/carpenter.

If you have the time most are diy jobs but there are downsides.

If you gave the lot to a builder or they would subbie it out but also coordinate the works.

A handyman could potentially do the lot and would be a lot cheaper than seperate trades by a longshot.

Have a good one in Perth I can recomend so not helpful there, sorry.

Back