Parking fine

Hi all,

Today I received a parking fine and yep I was in the wrong - paid it already without a whinge..

but it got me thinking - does getting booked mean you can essentially leave your car there for the rest of the day without any consequence? I believe after a long while they will tow the car or perhaps issue another fine, but is it after a 24 hour period or longer/shorter?

Another question - lets say I'm super rich and a bit of a toss. If I parked illegally and just laughed at the parking inspectors face as I continued my day, can they do anything else other than issue me a fine?

Another question - lets say I'm super rich and a bit of a toss. If I parked illegally and just laughed at the parking inspectors face as I continued my day, can they do anything else other than issue me a fine?

Well, this I saw in the city recently. A super rich wierdo parked his Ferrari illegally on the road when the parking ranger was checking parking meters across the road. I saw the ranger issuing him a fine. The guy came back in 20 minutes and drove off.

They used to give me 1 every 2 hours to max of three tickets. I copped that a couple of times, working in Toowoomba.

If you consider that parking in some of the parking stations in the CBD are upwards of $100/day, playing Russian roulette with parking inspectors can be cheaper than the undercover parking space. If you get booked only twice a week, you've saved yourself a couple of green ones. ;)

So is a parking fine tax deductible?

Lets say i was visiting an IP i owned for an inspection and parked illegally and got booked.

Or i parked illegally to go into the hardware store to purchase items with the view of fixing my IP?

but it got me thinking - does getting booked mean you can essentially leave your car there for the rest of the day without any consequence?

Nup, already attempted that trick. When I was in SA, they used these parking fines in a plastic sleeve (to protect from weather) that wrap around the wiper blade. Came back to 3 of them one after being in a 2hr spot for 6hrs.

I know a bloke who never pays these fines, the last time I spoke to him he was telling me hes fines are now within the 10k mark

some parking spot they can tow your car and you have to come and collect them
cost you a few hundred to get the car release and waste a day if you want to play that game :)

In Sydney where you are parked in a clear way zone like on roads where it affects peak hr traffic, they will tow your car. They won't bother will the fine, they just tow cause it is a clear way zone and I think there are signs saying clear way tow away zone.

They should issue a 1 point deductions if you get more than 3 parking fines in the same suburb within a month. This will stop the rich drivers repeating the offence every day.

some parking spot they can tow your car and you have to come and collect them
cost you a few hundred to get the car release and waste a day if you want to play that game :)
When we lived in L.A we were right near Wilshire Blvd (near Beverley Hills area).

Very, very busy road, with Clearway areas all up and down it.

We used to regularly see tow-trucks (plural) lined up along that road after 4.00pm, hooking up cars to be towed away.

$400 to get it released, apparently.

This will stop the rich drivers repeating the offence every day.
Please don't bring that attitude to this forum.

We are all here to get rich from PI - otherwise; why bother with all the grief associated with IP's? - so it's an insult to all of us here.

Don't talk about rich folks like they are evil, thieves and low-grade.

I know plenty of rich folks, and in almost every case; they are generous and benevolent, and capable of handing over much larger sums of money to help poorer folk than a swag of poor folk can....and they do hand it over.

Rich folks dodge fines too, but it is more often than not "poor" folks who will dodge fines....even just yer average Joe Bloggs folks.

Why? because they can't afford their car in many instances; let alone a fine.

Last edited:
hEA95C19F
+10characters

Back