Paving Costs

Hi All,

New to the forum, so far finding everything very usefull and hope to pick your brains more into the future.

Im currently 3/4 of the way through my 1st subdivision and curious as to the cost of having someone do some brick paving. Ive always done it myself, but being a much larger area im not too keen.

details as follows..

Pavers: 220x220x60
Area: 200sqm

About 120sqm of that is driveway. Site will be cleared ready to go with, road base and yellow sand supplied.

What would the rough cost a sqm be for labour?

Thanks in advance
Cheers,
Shane

Depends upon the job, patterns, amount of cutting, how close pavers are to job access etc etc etc.

Good access, simple patterns average cutting Id fly over and do it for you for $50/sqm incl GST.

What suburb?

Location is bayswater.

Simple header course and stretcher bond pattern.

I didn't really know what to expect for labour price but was thinking more around the $20-$25. Maybe I might need to look at tackling it myself.
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated

Hmmm I'm surprised.

Paving isn't subject to the ripoff merchants seen in a couple posts recently.

I was being facetious about $50, obviously.

Your $20-25 is much more like it. Labour only though.;)

Yeah going to check out brikmakers on the weekend as the pavers we like are from there.

We will be living in this property we are building so want some decent pavers, but i guess if the cost are too high i will go down the path of poured aggregate... will see though.

the fence... will respond to your PM

Hi there,

Last paving job I had done was 270m2 in size using 330mm x 330mm x 60mm pavers. (Nice heavy pavers).

Paver quoted $18m2 to lay, plus a few extras like extra cutting and carting in some extra sand. By the time the job was finished, the price worked out to $20m2.

The paver only complained slightly about having to haul 2/3rds of the packs of pavers on his barrow as the brick carter couldn't access the back half of he site with his tractor and took all the off cuts to the tip in his trailer. So all up I was satisfied.

Back