PCV Picket Fencing

I have looked into it. However, for my renos it didn't warrant a PVC picket fence as I often purchased second hand pickets from Gumtree and some extra materials from Bunnings and got a handy man to knock it up.

When I was looking into it I believe they were saying it was:
1) More durable (didn’t buckle or warp).
2) Reduces or removes the need to paint it.
3) Save on labour to install.
4) Easier DIY.
5) Aesthetically more sophisticated styles.
6) Made to a standard so you know it should stand up.

But it was more expensive then the 2nd hand option.

P.S.
Someone suggested they were more transportable, so I could use it like display furniture and as long as I put it in the O/A I could dig them out and move onto the next house. A lot of work, pretty dodgy and not much cost saving over time so I thought it wasn’t worth it.

There was a newly renovated house in my suburb for sale early last year which had the PVC fence and looked pretty shmick .........

Then we had the big hailstorm in Perth and the fence looked like swiss cheese!

So if you are going to use it, make sure it can withstand UV and impact and that you can get replacements easily.

I live in a town full of roses and picket fences, and a lot of the picket fences appear to be powdercoated metal ones. They look pretty good, some are reasonably old, all the same arguments apply but they're not PVC.

We're planning on getting a nice (metal) white picket fence ourselves, for our new house when they eventually get around to building it.

I live in a town full of roses and picket fences, and a lot of the picket fences appear to be powdercoated metal ones. They look pretty good, some are reasonably old, all the same arguments apply but they're not PVC.

We're planning on getting a nice (metal) white picket fence ourselves, for our new house when they eventually get around to building it.

is there much difference in cost between metal/timber?

Back