Penrith

Hiya

So i paid a visit to my Property Manager in Penrith 2 days ago...learnt a few things:

a) she told me Penrith is very hot due to Badgery's Creek news....( i only had a vague idea where it is :p) ; mmm...how far is it really to BC from Penrith? 15-20 minutes drive and if they start to build, the workers will flow into Penrith.

b) house opposite me recently went to auction at DOUBLE the price i paid a few years ago (woo hoo!)

BUT the most intriguing thing for me that day was (drum roll...:p)

c) stopping at the traffic lights at 3.30pm...and saw some students crossing the road from Penrith High School ( a selective school )....had to rub my eyes to do a double take....many Indians and CHinese crossing the road....splutter ! has the Asians start moving to Penrith??::D

Someone please confirm...is this a trend?? cos we know what Asians do to property prices right?

Hiya

So i paid a visit to my Property Manager in Penrith 2 days ago...learnt a few things:

a) she told me Penrith is very hot due to Badgery's Creek news....( i only had a vague idea where it is :p) ; mmm...how far is it really to BC from Penrith? 15-20 minutes drive and if they start to build, the workers will flow into Penrith.

b) house opposite me recently went to auction at DOUBLE the price i paid a few years ago (woo hoo!)

BUT the most intriguing thing for me that day was (drum roll...:p)

c) stopping at the traffic lights at 3.30pm...and saw some students crossing the road from Penrith High School ( a selective school )....had to rub my eyes to do a double take....many Indians and CHinese crossing the road....splutter ! has the Asians start moving to Penrith??::D

Someone please confirm...is this a trend?? cos we know what Asians do to property prices right?

The number of Chinese/Indian going PHS shouldn't surprise you right. I think PHS is in Top 10 or 20 Selective in NSW.
I don't believe majority of PHS students reside in Penrith and surrounding. The street I live in Blacktown I know of 3 students going PHS. It's a hop on train and 15-20min you're there. Even if you reside in Parramatta/Surrounding, it takes 30min on express.

There is another thread talking about Badgerys Creek.. I would take a keen interest on impact it may have on rental and accommodation for the workers. It may be unlike mining town where your option is only in the town. For BC, workers have the option to live in Liverpool, St Mary/Penrith and surrounding, or even have onsite accommodations since its rural area

I live near parra and one of the neighbors kids attends PHS. Girraween selective is extremely difficult to get into, so Penrith HS is the next closest choice.

I've lived in Penrith area for ages. They've always been there lol but yes Penrith is quite hot atm but I think it could be the next Parramatta if the BC airport actually happens and production on it starts now! There was talk a few years back about a number of highrise buildings been put on the otherside of the station(cranebrook side). Although nothing happens and the land seems to be becoming all estates (house and land packages).

Phs has always been that way as per other comments, go to other schools and you'll find a student mix, more caucasian than Parra, blacktown etc.

One thing surprising though is Penrith council are against the airport!! Madness. I have tweeted my dissatisfaction with their views. Need to get to writing some emails etc. Its far enough away for Moise etc but close enough to take advantage. Politically they could be shooting themselves in the foot. I know if I was a politician and council wasn't interested I'd see if the neighbours wanted the infrastructure instead

Back