Peoples thoughts on Adelaide?

I have a lot of work my business does in the Elizabeth/ daveron park area. Probably on 50% of the streets I go to I see a development happening, most of these blocks are wide enough to build to houses without a common middle wall also.

DT, Brady, CJay

Some questions for you folks who know the Adelaide market.

1. Is the train as a means of transport an important factor e.g. in melb or syd props close to the train station is a plus whereas in Brisbane buses are preferred. When i looked at some eastern suburbs like Ingle farm, Clearview etc i noticed there are no train lines going out over east.

2. reading the Adelaide threads on SS the eastern and southern suburbs are more talked about, are there any opportunities in the north such as Taperoo, Henley Beach and Pooraka in terms CG growth?

Thanks in advance guys.

There is no profit in building in Dav park.

It's far to feral to sell too first home buyers and then all you can do is rent it to local ferals

DT, Brady, CJay

1. Is the train as a means of transport an important factor e.g. in melb or syd props close to the train station is a plus whereas in Brisbane buses are preferred. When i looked at some eastern suburbs like Ingle farm, Clearview etc i noticed there are no train lines going out over east.

2. reading the Adelaide threads on SS the eastern and southern suburbs are more talked about, are there any opportunities in the north such as Taperoo, Henley Beach and Pooraka in terms CG growth?

Thanks in advance guys.

Those aren't the areas I'm looking at, but here's my take:

1. Ingle Farm and Clearview are north not east :p You're right that the east doesn't have much by way of trains, but the north does. Even still, it doesn't seem to be much of a factor.

2) Haven't really watched those markets much to say. But I do like Henley Beach - I've lived in that area before, and I'd like to have a PPOR there one day maybe.

I have a lot of work my business does in the Elizabeth/ daveron park area. Probably on 50% of the streets I go to I see a development happening, most of these blocks are wide enough to build to houses without a common middle wall also.

what kinda business do you do?
I'm interested in those neck of the woods, just not davoren park

DT, Brady, CJay

Thanks in advance guys.

1. Trains aren't used on anywhere near the scale as they are in Melb or Syd. Adel just isn't busy enough, and the traffic is such that driving is a more attractive option. That's not to say that this mode of transport won't become more mainstream in the future

2. Henley Beach is beautiful. Don't buy in Davoren Park. I think South is going to do well with the new ExpressWay

DT & JohnPendles

Thanks for the responses.

As far as distances are concerned is 30km from Adelaide CBD considered too far for people who live in Adelaide? e.g. areas like Hackham, Huntfield & Christies Beach are these places generally considered a little too far to go to work in the city? I haven't been to Adelaide and just trying to get an idea on travel distances. any help is much appreciated.

1. Trains aren't used on anywhere near the scale as they are in Melb or Syd. Adel just isn't busy enough, and the traffic is such that driving is a more attractive option. That's not to say that this mode of transport won't become more mainstream in the future

2. Henley Beach is beautiful. Don't buy in Davoren Park. I think South is going to do well with the new ExpressWay

you're kidding arent you. Adelaide people are so delusional about how bad it is to drive there. no north south expressway (although its comin along) traffic lights everywhere, its a nightmare. i would rather get the train for a long commute any day if i was still there.

i dont think the duplicated southern expressway will make any difference until the rest of south road is upgraded, which will benefit areas like Davoren Park as much as the southern suburbs.

The primary forms of transport for North/South are trains, and east/west are buses. North-East is via the O-Bahn, North West via train, South-West via tram, South-East via train.

You'll be lucky to get a seat on commuter trains in the morning/afternoon.

what kinda business do you do?
I'm interested in those neck of the woods, just not davoren park

Self employed electrical contractors. We do a fair bit of electrical maintenance, currently changing over about 10 kitchens a week. Supposed to be work for the next 6 years flipping kitchens

Self employed electrical contractors. We do a fair bit of electrical maintenance, currently changing over about 10 kitchens a week. Supposed to be work for the next 6 years flipping kitchens

Cool what rate do you charge at p/h?

Do you know a PM named Neil?

DT, Brady, CJay

Thanks in advance guys.

1. Train isn't huge factor. A lot drive, buses are pretty good.

2. I put an offer in property in taperoo few years ago. Reasonable area, needs to be updated, but given that semaphore had been cleaned up and is now pretty trendy could only guess that over time will flow up to taperoo.

As stated clearview would be north, I like this suburb although probably about 2-5 years behind most of the suburb has been developed now. I like Ingle Farm, what has happened to the suburbs like Holden Hill, Clearview, Greenacres will happen there in the next 2-5 years

I got 2 properties in Morphett Vale it?s about 25km from the city, close to schools, shopping centres, and beach it has easy access to the city via south road and southern express way. Buses run till midnight if you need public transport to get home.

Can still get good properties in this area around the 300k mark, it?s a large suburb and does have some dodge areas. I do plan to buy another one here within 2 more years.

Matt..

1. Train isn't huge factor. A lot drive, buses are pretty good.

2. I put an offer in property in taperoo few years ago. Reasonable area, needs to be updated, but given that semaphore had been cleaned up and is now pretty trendy could only guess that over time will flow up to taperoo.

As stated clearview would be north, I like this suburb although probably about 2-5 years behind most of the suburb has been developed now. I like Ingle Farm, what has happened to the suburbs like Holden Hill, Clearview, Greenacres will happen there in the next 2-5 years

Brady thanks for the comments.

For people that live in Adelaide, is there a general preference between living in the north, south, east or west?

Brady thanks for the comments.

For people that live in Adelaide, is there a general preference between living in the north, south, east or west?

West isn't all that popular (except for the beachside suburbs), I think this is because of the airport.

Inner suburbs in all directions are fairly popular, like any city. Eastern suburbs appear to be a bit more affluent whereas north/south appear to be more working class.

A bit of a generalization i guess. How would you answer the same question on a city you're familiar with? There are certainly suburbs in adelaide that are the equivalent of certain perth ones, have similar look and feel etc

West isn't all that popular (except for the beachside suburbs), I think this is because of the airport.

Inner suburbs in all directions are fairly popular, like any city. Eastern suburbs appear to be a bit more affluent whereas north/south appear to be more working class.

A bit of a generalization i guess. How would you answer the same question on a city you're familiar with? There are certainly suburbs in adelaide that are the equivalent of certain perth ones, have similar look and feel etc

DT

your response was exactly what i was hoping to receive. Being from Perth. i generally feel the western suburbs are relatively more affluent with a higher median buy in and people with higher incomes. So when i look at the western suburbs in Adelaide where the coast is I generally think it should be similar to Perth but it's not. For example; a south west area like Hallett Cove is near the coast, 20ish km to the CBD, no beach, windy but have ocean views and the train with a buy in price that is very affordable. Of course all this is from a map which is nothing like being on the ground hence the input from your guys that have lived or living in Adelaide is very helpful.

DT
For example; a south west area like Hallett Cove is near the coast, 20ish km to the CBD, no beach, windy but have ocean views and the train with a buy in price that is very affordable.

There is a beach in Hallett Cove and even train station has the same name.
Very affordable...dont know about that. 450K would be the starting point for something decent.

Some foreshore project.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/hallett-coves-gallipoli-dream-still-alive-after-marion-council-backflip-on-35-million-foreshore-project/story-fnii5yv4-1226865534629

Back