Pergola Companies in Sydney

Hi All,

We're going to add a pergola and concrete patio area to our yard.

Has anyone used any reputable companies in Sydney with good results?

We are computer people so we're not good with building, we want someone to do the whole thing :D

Not sure who to use as there's so many on the internet.

Any pointers on what to watch out for and recommendations as to what type would be great.

Thanks

Dan

We've just been through this process and it's going to vary depending on where you are located. Many of the companies are either francise set ups or marketing companies that subcontract.

We used stylemaster patios and am pretty happy with it. It's just a basic flat roof design.

I'd also be interested to hear of anyone who has done this in the Sydney area.

I want to create a 'seamless transition' from the dining area to the pergola and turn it into an alfresco area.

From what I can tell, I'd just need to lay a concrete slab and tile over the top, but I'd prefer to hire a professional, as I've never done anything like it before.

We're looking at going with Apollo at the moment. They do materials and the work so we have a single person to point the finger if any problems.

And I've seen family with their products survive serious wind storms.

The price was cheaper as well.

Joe - regarding the tiles, the pergola companies said they don't do the concreting or flooring. They can only recommend someone. We will organise a concretor to do the slab, stencil a nice pattern, and then the pergola posts bolt into the slab.

Also some of them don't do digging for drains, which is fine I will dig beforehand and they can connect the drains.

Don't know about a pergola ( shaded framework for plants to grow on).

Son decided and had a Stratco (? spelling) awning added onto the back of his house in QLD.

We visited Stratco to look at awnings (solid ceiling not a pagolla) and Stratco have subcontractors' to quote & install.

Subcontractors you call them and they give you a price etc.

Whilst we were researching awnings as above we had informal quotes ranging form 7k to 12K :eek:

Regards
Sheryn

Apollo came in with a good price actually, $5k for flat style with light strips.

We talked to a stratco reseller/installer and they were over $7k.

Those prices are good, now we just need to find a good sound proof rear fence. We had a quote for 20m of soundproof fence installed, with old fence removed, and it was $10k :eek:

Back