Perth property listings - under 12,000.

City wide median yields are still not very attractive

Cheer up sausage.....it doesn't matter how high they go, I'm sure you'll scratch around and find an excuse why not to buy anything.

How's that pothole watching coming along ??

Cheer up sausage.....it doesn't matter how high they go, I'm sure you'll scratch around and find an excuse why not to buy anything.
How's that pothole watching coming along ??
Your dad jokes are getting old Dazz, they are funny the first time only.

Nice selective quoting. I showed an interest.

We'll give it 12 months and see whether Perth property or Silver has risen more aye?

worst part is when you fork out $5.50 and its a bad one. As the guy in the country town said..."one latte mate - must be yours?" me - no I ordered a cappuccino. "yeh it's all the same sh@#". Indeed it was, I had to throw it out it was so bad
You'd be jealous of the service I get in Brisbane while I'm at work. A mobile coffee man calls, asks if we want coffee today. Ten minutes later he walks in the door with my coffee and collects my $4.00. :)

What your holding may take a long time to rise but. 6 years ago was 2006 been money made since then.

2006 was the back of (in a lot of cases) nearly 300% growth in 6 years.

we lost ,at most and on average, 20% of that over the following 6 years.

so, still up 240% in roughly 12 years.

well, my experience, anyway.

We'll give it 12 months and see whether Perth property or Silver has risen more aye?

My bet is on Perth property. Silver is the most speculative investment you could make. Isn't silver down about 20% on it's price from this time last year.

considering it's stellar growth from $4 not 7 years ago, i would say it's current price of 27-28 is a pretty good return.

But not so good if you paid $35 a year ago. So would you expect further growth in the silver price in the next few years?. I'm interested as have friend who has invested all his savings in to silver. From my limited research it seemed a very speculative investment. Maybe I am missing something and should be looking at putting some funds in to silver.

But not so good if you paid $35 a year ago. So would you expect further growth in the silver price in the next few years?. I'm interested as have friend who has invested all his savings in to silver. From my limited research it seemed a very speculative investment. Maybe I am missing something and should be looking at putting some funds in to silver.

not so good if you paid $49 at the peak either.

much like Perth in 2007 - would would have had to wait until now to expect any notion of a return to your purchase levels.

the great thing about silver is, if you bought 10oz @ $42, you can buy 20oz @ $21 for the same money.

it's easy to do, easy to trade, easy to dollar-cost-average into the market.

personally, i believe gold will outperform silver and i always have held this belief, which has been confirmed recently with BIS and IMF news. silver will just follow gold, much like plat and pall - i dont think anyone can say with any certainty that we're staring at a return to 16:1 ratios or anything.

is it a good investment? no. never has been and anyone speculating wll get burned. you can trade ETFs without the phys risk but then it become charting and not what gold is about. you're just playing the money tables.

is it a good hedge? maybe. got to weigh up the AUD you're buying in against the USD it's sold in.

is it a good wealth store / safehaven? more than likely. if you're looking to preserve wealth, a 1-2-5 year blip on a chart is like fretting that your stock closed down a few percent the day after you bought it.

look at the 10 year charts for all of them - same trending pattern, fits the second phase of the bull market pattern perfectly.

i hold gold and silver personally and in my SMSF and i continue to buy, regardless of the price. i believe the fact that central banks globally are doubling, tripling, dodecapling their gold holdings should tell you something.

the fact they are not holding silver to the same effect should also tell you something.

Thanks Hotrod - looks like the number of transactions are currently very low for houses, units and land. The low level of listings may be a bit due to winter but it looks mostly like vendors have just given up and are sitting on the sidelines. The reduction in listings certainly doesn't seem to be due to a high number of sales...

I reach a completely different conclusion.

Sales for the week were 1,059
4 weeks ago sales were 749
Same week last year was 453.

Sales are up over 100% on the same week last year. New supply is not coming onto the market. Far from vendors giving up, I would say buyers are absorbing stock available and there is nothing else coming on. At the same time rentals are evaporating.

Back