Perth property listings - under 12,000.

I reach a completely different conclusion.

Sales for the week were 1,059
4 weeks ago sales were 749
Same week last year was 453.

Sales are up over 100% on the same week last year. New supply is not coming onto the market. Far from vendors giving up, I would say buyers are absorbing stock available and there is nothing else coming on. At the same time rentals are evaporating.

Where are you seeing this weekly data Ausprop? I'm only looking at the quarterly stuff...

I've been tracking Pending Property Sales performances on my selected suburbs, even before settlement has occurred, for a few years now.

You can track it weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly.

Pending Sales are sales that have not yet been recorded as Registered Sales at Landgate. Pending sales information is released from the week that settlement is due to occur. Once settlement has occurred, documents will be lodged at Landgate and the sale will be recorded as a Registered Sale.

You are getting a faster up to date information on your chosen suburb you're tracking because the usual registration process can sometimes take up to 6 weeks from time of settlement.

Its a fantastic tool and best of all its free.

I hope this helps.

I agree with you Ausprop,

The figures all augur well for an increase in residential prices.

Houses..........7,275 for sale
Units.............2,153 for sale
Vacant Land...2,545 for sale

Total............11,973 for sale

With 1,059 transactions last week, as compared with only 453 this time last year, it is clear why the amount of listing is heading south. New stock is not coming on the market to replace the sales, as the amount listed is dropping every week it seems.

It's been a while since the total stock available has been under 12,000.

Vacancy rates for rentals at 1.7% is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. If you have something empty and cannot find a Tenant - have a look at yourself and your property, at those low levels, it's you or your property that is the problem, not the market.

All data quoted is from page 3 of the West RealEstate liftout from Saturday's West.

As usual, it does have a tiny little asterisk, which states "listed on reiwa.com and other sources" which doesn't help much. I presume the ads in the back of the West are also counted in the pot.

WOW, what a weekend!

I'm looking for 4 clients went to plenty of home opens, some of these properties had 20+ groups through.

I had planned to put in 3 offers today and 2 of those properties already have offers. One has 4 offers and more coming!

There doesn't look to be any hidden stock coming on in the inner city areas (<10km from CBD), so the next qtr is going to see some strong growth.

WOW, what a weekend!

I'm looking for 4 clients went to plenty of home opens, some of these properties had 20+ groups through.

I had planned to put in 3 offers today and 2 of those properties already have offers. One has 4 offers and more coming!

There doesn't look to be any hidden stock coming on in the inner city areas (<10km from CBD), so the next qtr is going to see some strong growth.

Yep, I believe certain pockets in Perth are looking good, I am back in Perth again, will settle on my purchase at the end of the month.

MTR

same here, working with no less than 4 JVs at present.

very interesting. media still havent really caught on yet, although i have noticed a lot more coming on for sale in the past few weeks, so maybe that will balance the market some in the coming months.

Yep.....also noticing that the prime suburbs with land are drying up quicker than the Simpson desert!

Should be interesting to see what happens over the next 1-2 years. I am officially a fan of the Perth market now. Working on my next deal there as we speak!

same here, working with no less than 4 JVs at present.

very interesting. media still havent really caught on yet, although i have noticed a lot more coming on for sale in the past few weeks, so maybe that will balance the market some in the coming months.

agreed the 'prime' suburbs seem to be seeing it first. would hate to want to buy something quality around here... just nothing for sale.

Yep.....also noticing that the prime suburbs with land are drying up quicker than the Simpson desert!

Should be interesting to see what happens over the next 1-2 years. I am officially a fan of the Perth market now. Working on my next deal there as we speak!

you need to call me, remember!

plenty of good stuff across my desk!

SQM Research is going the other way though?

5th JULY 2012

The number of residential properties currently on the market in Perth, according to SQM Research. This is up 1.4% from last month.

Source

And some commentary from Mark Hay (REA) aboutPerth's tightening rental market

No place to call home in Perth's tight market

PERTH has the tightest rental market of any capital city in the country as tenants pay more than asking price to secure a property. And the competition is intense, with as many as 60 people viewing homes and apartments, real estate agents say.

Latest SQM Research figures show Perth had 1119 vacancies in October, or less than 1 per cent of the total number of rental properties. At the same time last year, 1729 properties were available. The average cost to rent a house or unit in Perth is $395 a week, a rise of 18 per cent in the past three years.

Canberra has the same low vacancy rate as Perth, with Melbourne the easiest capital city in Australia to rent. With 11,000 vacancies, it has a vacancy rate of 3 per cent. Making things tougher in WA is having to leave a "holding fee" with the real estate agent for any application forms lodged. Sally-Anne Baxter knows too well of the struggles in finding somewhere to live. Fresh from Britain, she was desperate to find somewhere to rent in the middle-to-high price range, and was staying in expensive short-term holiday accommodation in Fremantle while searching. But with dozens of people viewing every property she inspected, the going was tough.

"I found it difficult because all of the viewing times were during work hours and when you're new to a job, you can't really be getting out," she said.

"And every time there would be loads of people viewing each property. I would have to run down to the agent if I wanted to rent the property.

" There were 10 people putting deposits on one place and that causes different problems. You know 10 others have seen the place, so you have to hedge your bets and put deposits on other place."

Cont...

Back