Perth RE Agent Help Please

My mother-in-law wants to buy a friends strata unit in Perth. :) They are both elderly and given that they both can agree on the price and the settlement terms, my wish is to avoid using an RE Agent (and the 2-3% commission involved).

Whilst I know how to write up an Offer and Acceptance for a property already on the market, I am unsure as to how to ensure the process is totally “squeaky clean”, and that all obligations are fulfilled on behalf of the Vendor. For example, I believe a Vendor of a strata unit needs to provide various disclosures and strata documentation.

NB: I don’t believe the vendor would know what they need to do in this regard, so would feel obliged to contact an RE Agent to sort it out.:eek:

Given that the 2.5% represents around $14,000, I feel it is best shared between the Vendor and Buyer.;)

Could any WA based RE Agent please advise the full requirements of how I can assist in making the process both transparent and legal even though I personally may have a greater interest in ensuring the Buyer’s interests?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Joe D

Yep as Yman said. Don't know if things are different in WA, but here don't need a REA, if vendor has found a purchaser - then off to the solicitors/conveyancer to finalise the purchase.

Sunshine

Joe D,

We sold our previous PPOR (in Perth) privately to our neighbour a few years back. No need for a REA if a price is already agreed. As the others have stated, just advise the vendor to contact a settlement agent who can assist them through the whole process.

Very easy really, and no REA %.

Ricepud

Back