Perth - Start of New Boom 2011 ?

Do you think I could buy in the $250 - $300k price range?

Considering Adelaide but would prefer to get into the $400 - $450k price range in Perth

Sounds like you need a broker Lynchy. Why not post a question in the property finance section, your bound to get a response.

From what I've heard REIWA say about the market recently it sounds like they're trying to talk the market down, when in reality it has already started to take off. Most properties around Kiara, Bassendean, Eden Hill, are selling within the week. Padbury, Beechboro, Ashfield, and Lockridge are selling quite quickly too.

From what I've heard REIWA say about the market recently it sounds like they're trying to talk the market down, when in reality it has already started to take off. Most properties around Kiara, Bassendean, Eden Hill, are selling within the week. Padbury, Beechboro, Ashfield, and Lockridge are selling quite quickly too.

Bewdy, have 1 in Kiara and another in Morley ;)

Kiara's a great suburb, (and Morley) ;) back at ya.

it'a weird the way REIWA are trying to talk the market down huh? I was really surprised when I read Alan Bourkes comments

I've heard Bourke on 6PR (talking real estate) on Saturdays mornings a couple of times recently with Rob Druitt talking it down too.

Last edited:
the problem here is that the world has moved on - Rob Druitt is no longer the REIWA president and the upper pricing levels of housing have spiked significantly. The realisation that the resource states will be the engine room of the economy for the next 20-30 years is dawning on people. The general change in mood is notiuceable and barely a day goes by without a 'housing to boom' article. Here was todays effort:

Fears of new land price boom

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/6391069/fears-of-new-land-price-boom/

Though Perth might be the engine room of the economy, the booms are happenning elsewhere at the moment.

In any case, Perth has an abundance of Australia's biggest export commodity only: iron ore. But the second biggest commodity and third biggest are still east coast-based.

Coal is mainly in NSW and QLD basins, while education - the third biggest export commodity - is centred around Sydney and Melbourne. There's far too much hype about Perth in my opinion.

Though Perth might be the engine room of the economy, the booms are happenning elsewhere at the moment.

In any case, Perth has an abundance of Australia's biggest export commodity only: iron ore. But the second biggest commodity and third biggest are still east coast-based.

Coal is mainly in NSW and QLD basins, while education - the third biggest export commodity - is centred around Sydney and Melbourne. There's far too much hype about Perth in my opinion.

Ummm Did I hear someone say gas? How many $25B (Gorgon) or $12B (Pluto) coal projects are going up in the East coast at the moment. You see the important part is not the size of the export market, it's the growth in that market. We've got $300 billion worth of projects somewhere on a timeline from concept to construction, they're all going to need employees over time. A coal mine that just sits their and keeps digging (same as a iron ore mine) doesn't create growth in jobs or population or house prices.

Now did someone say Uranium? 35% of the worlds supply and fast breeder reactors and reprocessing increasingly looking like it will beat "clean coal" as a technology. And y'all thought this boom was impressive! :)

the question is how to get wealthy without just growing??

other exciting multi-billion $ projects are things such as the fertilizer whatver it is in Collie, the international telescope up north, uranium as mentioned... not forgetting old favourites such as agriculture, education, gold, ship building, salt etc. Iron just ticks away in the background. tho Oakajee is sort of a big deal as well

ok 4 people i know at work have bought ips in the last 6months

My brother and sister after reading the ip books i leant them bought their first ip a few months ago. I just found out from dad today that they leant the books to their best friends who are all gung ho about buying ip now.

I'm finding people are buying and the energy/motivation is spreading to others surrounding them. They see their friend or work colleague buying and they get interested too. They are telling their friends all about it and the friends are copying. Its a snowball effect. Then the friend will tell their friend and so on and so on. Before we know it it will be an epidemic haha :D

Things are happening guys!!

Get on the Perth bandwagon :cool: Perth is gonna start moving. I can feel it

its funny how for years you have probly spoken about IP's and a few books later, ????:D

Good to see them starting to take controll of there financial lifes,

It will be interesting to see if confidence returns now that the mining tax hoo-ha is over and done with and the miners are happy again.

If only we all earned enough to be able to dictate our own tax contributions eh? I don't want to derail the thread into another mining tax debate, but seriously, it reminds me of little kids holding their breath until they get what they want.

Hi Kim

I thought the last Perth resi Prop Boom started in 2001 and peaked at the end of 2006.

Anyway, when will Perth see another boom, have no idea though I still think there will be further lows in property values.
Seems many of the property gurus have mentioned 2011 will be the year that Syd/Melb takes off, so I think we will be some time off this, hope I am wrong.

good luck, MTR

Yep, I will repeat the above, we are a looong way off boom times, East is where you will get the growth, no point chasing a dead duck. I pick northern central coast NSW.

Cheers, MTR

Yep, I will repeat the above, we are a looong way off boom times, East is where you will get the growth, no point chasing a dead duck. I pick northern central coast NSW.

Cheers, MTR

For yield maybe. For CG stick to where the maximum population densities are because that where the masses lie. Good quality well located properties where mr & mrs middle class reside. They are the ones that drive the growth.

Hi Rixter
I was referring to growth not yield, also thanks for posting the Herron report they also referred to the north central coast for growth.

Cheers, MTR

Hi Rixter
I was referring to growth not yield, also thanks for posting the Herron report they also referred to the north central coast for growth.

Cheers, MTR

No worries, I try to post before the others do ;)

...good luck on your hunt...Im currently hunting in NSW - Sydney metro area.

Back