Pest problem

Hi all

I have just purchased a IP in D/Bay Qld and there are active pest in the yard and there were active pests in the living room inside the house. The previous owner has had a bandaid type extermination and I will need to have the whole house treated. My pest inspection could only find signs that the pests were in the house and could not find any live ones. Have had one quote over the phone and the pest exterminate guy said it will cost about 3500 + GST. I almost fell over. Is this normal sort of cost for a full treatment?

Tks in advance

Wayne (WBG Redcliffe)

Last year I got one of my IP's done. There were no whiteants to treat in the house but it was a brick house on a cement slab and there was potential for whiteants to enter via the underground plumbing. The garden did have whiteants as most gardens tend to do.
Step one: Remove all garden logs and debris which could harbor whiteants.
Step two: This was done by Direct Pest- Drill strategic holes all around the perimeter of the brick work and saturate the area with whiteant treatment.
Step three: Direct pest put whiteant bait stations around the garden to see if any whiteants would be attracted. This was monitored by for twelve months and if any whiteants congregated in the bait stations, then the bait would be replaced with poison to be eaten and taken back to the whiteant nest to kill it out also.
All up cost, including GST, drilling and plugging holes in concrete, and twelve months free monitoring with extra poison if needed was $3,173.50.

Hi WBG,
Just had a house sprayed for active termites in D/Bay .Cost was around $2200 first quote was around $4400.They were travelling really fast and ate new work,didn't eat cypress but liked radiata. The guy I used knew what he was looking at and did more than the first quote offered.
Regards
Seagull

Hi WBG,

Petes Pest Management.I dug the trenchs and drilled the holes .He knows his stuff and I would use him again .

Regards

Seagull

Back