Peter Flanagan - guru?

Hi all
Just got a letter from Break Free Events promoting a seminar by Peter Flanagan, apparently Australia's No. 1 Real Estate Investor.
I couldn't find much doing a search, so just thought I'd ask if anyone had heard of him, knew anything about his strategies, is it worth attending the free intro session?
I always like to learn stuff.

Lissy,

Never heard of him - can you post a web address as I'd like to look him up and find out why he claims to be No. 1 :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

G'day Ruby,

And thanks for the link. Out of interest, I clicked on the "Register Now" link - and guess what? They are making so much money that they don't have to work this year (sounds good to me)

This is what I saw when I clicked on "Register Now":-
We have completed our 2002 seminar program. Thank you to all those who attended. The details of our 2003 program will be published on this website from 24th January 2003.

Todays date is 10 May 03 - seems they've been on holiday for 4 months so far this year ................

Regards,

Hi FW

Its ALWAYS worth attending the free session providing you are a salespersons nightmare.

Ive been to many many free or marginal cost sessions and generally have gained at least one or two things each time that have built my knowledge base.

Ta

rolf

Originally posted by Les

Out of interest, I clicked on the "Register Now" link - and guess what? They are making so much money that they don't have to work this year (sounds good to me)

Gee I'm impressed Les............I didn't get past the home page :(

Ruby :)

Hmmm - I think I'll go with Rolf's theory - at least it's free, and I usually manage to pick up at least piece of interesting information at stuff like this.
And if I don't I won't have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars for nothing!

Seminar...

Hi,

I went to Peter's seminar today on the Gold Coast.

And it was very basic... with the sales pitch to his $2,995 course and a few up-sell options for mentoring...

But I'd also like to say that...

If i was worth $23 million... i won't bother running seminar's...

I'd be doing my own little thing...

P.S. Does anyone know anything about the guy...

Ross Sondergeld
Ross for Property

Give me a break...

Hmmm...

Peter Flanagan...

Why am I gettting calls by the tele-marketeering team...

If you've got $23 million... then why bother chasing me ??

I too went to the introductory seminar that Peter held. I'd have to agree that it was fairly basic, but his guarentee on his three day seminar was pretty impressive. Seems one can do the whole three days, and if not satisfied, can claim a full reinbursment.
Seems he's been doing these seminars for a couple of years now, so I suppose the fact that there's nothing negative around on ASIC, or any other local site must give him credence of sorts.

Re: Give me a break...

Originally posted by Ross Sondergeld
Hmmm...

Peter Flanagan...

Why am I gettting calls by the tele-marketeering team...

If you've got $23 million... then why bother chasing me ??

Same reason Meriton are running free seminars to promote their properties, whilst saying they cant keep the properties up to their buyers.

Don't know if there is a connection with Break Free events but -
Breakfree Ltd listed on the ASX in Sept last year.
Their principal activities are listed as
"Management of holiday unit accommodation and the supply of holiday products and services for school leavers and sporting groups."
They are well known for promoting the Schoolies event on the Gold Coast over a number of years. More latterly they became active in the management rights business, I understand.
Are they promoting sales of units in building for which they have the management rights?

>>>Same reason Meriton are running free seminars to promote their properties, whilst saying they cant keep the properties up to their buyers.<<<

Totally disagree here NickM. There is no way Peter would offer a full 100% money back guarantee on his 3 day seminar if he was only flogging his own developments.

>>>If i was worth $23 million... i won't bother running seminar's...

I'd be doing my own little thing...<<<

Ross, It seems you don't understand the psyche of successful individuals!! Do you think Jan writes her books just to make money from them!!

Lissy, anyone,

Australia's No. 1 Real Estate Investor

You gotta love this quote. Ever hear of one who advertises as Australia's #2 RE Investor

The only question is - "Who says"? BRW?

Regards,

Originally posted by Freedom
Don't know if there is a connection with Break Free events but -
Breakfree Ltd listed on the ASX in Sept last year.
Their principal activities are listed as
"Management of holiday unit accommodation and the supply of holiday products and services for school leavers and sporting groups."
They are well known for promoting the Schoolies event on the Gold Coast over a number of years. More latterly they became active in the management rights business, I understand.
Are they promoting sales of units in building for which they have the management rights?

I know someone who 'invested' in this or a similar scheme....paid 18k for time-share ownership of a holiday unit.

The catch: have to use a seller nominated (not owned directly, but same people) management company, costs around $2,000 per annum in fees, gets two weeks in the unit per annum & has to pay for all services during this period whether or not they use the unit. They also provide flights & car hire with appropriate mark-ups (but bulk buy, so competitive rates).

She thought it was a good investment & is quite an intelligent individual. last time I spoke to her about it she wanted to set up a mini travel agency getting family & friends along to use her two weeks & charging them extra on top to make a cashflow.

hmmmmm......

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi,

Just for the record; I think if you go digging you'll find that Australia's number 1, 2 and 3 property investors are the various "old" churches - Catholic, C of E, etc. Oh I forgot - they don't count as they are charities and don't profit from property do they!?!?!?!?!

Seminar people offer a money back guarantee to put more "bums on seats" and it works. It's all based on numbers and percentages; 40% more attendees with the money back guarantee but only 5% of these have the chutzpah to ask for a refund! At $2,995 each you do the numbers.

regards, MC

Now churches have loads of property but difficulties with getting posteriors on pews.

Some property seminar promoters may not have properties (big hat, no callle) but they can sure draw the crowds.

Can we see the start of a mutually beneficial relationship here?!

Peter

Back