Photos - terrible, or am I missing something?

OMG. It looks like they got pictures from when an agent does an ingoing report before tenant moves in and they just need to take pictures of everything. I dont understand why they would put these photos up

With an inputted price range of $650-$700k, you'd expect the photos to be more revealing than this. Unless there's something to hide.

My money is on it being a crack den with 30 occupants to boot. Hence the extreme close up door knob shots to avoid showing anything that would bring the operation undone :D

The Reno Kings recommend approaching agents who have bad advertising as it has turned off all the regular purchasers. Maybe the agent wants the house for himself?

It could be a marketing ploy e.g. 'brutally honest photos' with view to a reno or demolish.

On the plus side, at least you have a pretty good idea of what you are getting into.

If the photos are not deliberately bad, it's not that surprising – I recently sold my PPOR and asked the agent to employ a prof photographer. However the agent 'forgot' about my request and had the junior agent take photos of my property - they were %$#@&*^ terrible! Of course I was on the phone quick smart to get good photos taken.

I've seen a similiar listing where it's touted in history.Fast forward 3mnths and price as gone up 40k.
With this listing marketing ploy at it's best on the downside and upside.

Cheers Spades.

I wouldn't mind doing up that place at woolloongabba. But I'd want it for $450k not $650k. It has a lot of work to be done. And I highly doubt it's really 6 bedrooms. Woolloongabba would be a good suburb to have a 5 bedroom house in. Rent each room for $165 per week to the students at UQ.

Hi Tim86,If i was offered a 830pw rent on a 450k purchase,with a max 100k reno and set and forget,well i'd jump at it.If this prop is up your alley and you don't mind renting room to room,well give it a stab.Even at raising the bar at eg:550k on your setup is still a good outcome.
Cheers Spades.

Personally, as an agent, I would be embarrassed to put such poor quality photos up on public display and I can't believe that the owner would be happy either. However, i am sure the enquiry level will be really low and as such you may get a good buy!

Wow! It must be for effect to draw attention. I would be questioning the agent about the reason behind those photos before getting in the car to inspect it.

Hi Tim86,If i was offered a 830pw rent on a 450k purchase,with a max 100k reno and set and forget,well i'd jump at it.If this prop is up your alley and you don't mind renting room to room,well give it a stab.Even at raising the bar at eg:550k on your setup is still a good outcome.
Cheers Spades.

You can do even better than that. I get $750 per week rent on a house that cost me $305 000 and cost $6000 to reno.

I pay electricity and water and internet, so minus $100 per week for that. But 10.86% return still isn't too bad.

I really don't know why more people don't get more hands on and set up share accommodation houses.

-I just worked out that with all my share accommodation setups I will be looking at $54 700 annual rental profit in 2 years. So that will be a total of 4 years since my first property purchase :)

Last edited:
Back