PI Crashes..

Went to have a look at Propertyinvesting.com and it's *crashed* due to the numbers for Steve's RESULTS Mentoring..

Geez..how many people would it take to crash a forum..?

REDWING

Hi Redwing

i don't spend much time on this forum but since P.I.com's down i thought i'd have quick look around.

Steves mentoring program looks huge !

regards westan

Gotta say, it shows the demand is out there. Depending on who applies for what [mainly on the extent to which the spouse discount applies], McKnight just racked up somewhere between $750,000 to $1,000,000 today, less expenses. And that after copping some stick (and some obscenity attacks) on the site in the lead up.

It will be interesting watching the feedback develop.

Merovingian said:
Well it's a Microsoft-based IIS and ASP web site, so don't expect too much... :p :rolleyes:

Yes. Then again, 2400 people preregistered interest for 250 places, and I think it's first come, first served - assume less than half actually decided to go for it, you might still have 1000 people trying to log on at once. Don't know how this board would stand up to such an onslaught either.

Kind of like a self triggered DDOS attack :p

quiggles said:
Yes. Then again, 2400 people preregistered interest for 250 places, and I think it's first come, first served - assume less than half actually decided to go for it, you might still have 1000 people trying to log on at once. Don't know how this board would stand up to such an onslaught either.

Kind of like a self triggered DDOS attack :p

I know the vBulletin software would be able to function, but this really does depend on the server it's running on. :)

+ ?

Well it was interesting to see the result of the Mentoring program; As quiggles said there were some interesting posts in the lead up to it..and not all positive..

REDWING

redwing said:
Well it was interesting to see the result of the Mentoring program; As quiggles said there were some interesting posts in the lead up to it..and not all positive..

REDWING

Do tell...........

Re the self generated DDOS, well whether it is or not, it is opportunistic to market it as such....

rumin said:
Hi..,Anyone kno the cost of Steve's 2 programs??

I can't be certain, but judging by Steve McKnight's second book, I gather that there is no cost, but you do have to pay for the monthly flights to Melbourne and back, plus accommodation.

There was a particularly nasty troll causing mischief in all of the PI forums - multiple defamatory posts. I suspect that may have something to do with it too.

Guys,

I subsrcibe to Steve's newsletter too at PI.com so got the invitation to join his mentoring program. I think he advertised it as "less than the cost of a good cup of coffee per day" or some such. Anyway, it wasn't cheap and was in the $thousands.

I declined the offer... :)

It wasn't going to be the mentoring program in the same style as he did for his second book. Its more of a "here's my phone number, call me when you need me" mentoring program from the email his team sent me. It had a few more bells and whistles like training seminars etc. But basically I didn't think it would help me too much in my investing career so opted out.

Good on him though. Seems like he's really hit the mark with this wee bit of marketing spin. Nice for HIS bottom line.

Cheers,
Michael.

PS I'll see if I've still got that email and post the relevant parts here...

nkibel,

Agree completely. I think Steve is actually a great guy who's done really will out of REI. His +ve CF model makes even more sense in today's market.

I think one of the issues with his website is the lack of robust moderation. I think SS suffers a lot less trolling than does PI.com.

Either way, regardless of what you think of a person, there is an appropriate and an inappropriate way to post these opinions. Personal slander or defamatory words should always be a no-no. Post a negative opinion substantiated by your POV, but do not go personal.

IMHO,
Michael.

Hello,

For those people who were interested in the cost of Steves' mentoring program:
Standard: $2,200
Premium: $9,950

Here is the FAQ from PI.com

Attachments

• FAQ[1].pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 113
MichaelWhyte said:
nkibel,

I think one of the issues with his website is the lack of robust moderation. I think SS suffers a lot less trolling than does PI.com.

Michael.

And the last troll here , was from PI , seeing if he could get kicked off as a bet... Interestingly he lost..

See Change

the message that flashed up when you went to go to PI.com seemed a bit premeditated for my liking - smacks of clever marketing... which you have to hand to Steve, he is obviously very successful at that.

Yep, I have to agree .when that message popped up I suspected it was a device to make you go to the Mentoring info site to read further to sell it- Rather obvious- utilising all those awful snake oil sellers tricks that all "genuine gurus" never utilise-

Back