PIA vs PropX...

Hi Folks.

This may not be the most suitable place to ask the question but just thought I'd give it the old college try and blast away...

Has/is anyone using these software packages? I've done a fairly thorough search of the forum regarding the PIA software but there is a suprising lack of info on it in here. Just wondering which is the better and whether they are a worthwhile purchase?

Sorry Ian if I'm stepping on any toes...
Any feedback would be greatly apprec.

ArJay :)

Thanks Guys...

I will give JamesGG a PM when I get the chance so thanks for the heads 'up Garry.

Sim, I guess I was just kind of after a bit more of an unbiased, objective view of the software so I really wouldn't know what to ask Ian. Guess I could see if he knew any differences between the two packages but I was hoping that some of the formites might have used both and could provide an independant insight.

Is PIA widely used by the ppl frequenting the forum?? It isn't really referred to that much so I'm wondering if it is/isn't....

Arjay:)

Most active property investors I know own a copy of PIA and have used it. I know many real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and other advisors who use PIA with their clients too.

I've never looked at any other packages out there and I've never heard anyone else talk about it either - PIA does what I need it to, so I'm more than happy with that.

Hiya

Unbiased :O)

Ive used various version of PIA since 1998, as a salesperson of property, an investor and in the last 5 years as a mortgage broker.

works very fine for me thank you, the ease of use and easy results is the most important thing for an IT dummy like me.

ta

rolf

Thanks again for your posts Sim and Rolf.

I've been playing with the demo version for the past couple nights and from what I can see so far it is a "must have". Budget is a bit tight with xmas on the horizon so it'll have to start saving my pennies after the new year.... unless, that is, Ian is having a boxing day sale (hint hint nudge nudge) :D

Cheers again...
ArJay:)

:eek:

:eek:

I never said that!! I'm still learning, but finding my way around it pretty easily now :D I'm sure there's plenty of people here who've been able to utilise it better than I can...

Cheers

James.

PS - that doesn't mean I don't want to help, Arjay, just clarifying the point... More than welcome to PM me if you like...

Garry K said:
Hi Arjay

JamesGG is a whiz with the PIA.(well, that's what he told me :D )
Send him a PM

GarryK

PIA: Great program

Ive found the PIA software to be very good. The program is very straight forward and easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone. Just run through the practice tutorial in the halp section of the program and you cant go wrong. You can get a fair idea how the program works form the demo version, you should give it a go before purchasing a copy for yourself.

I tend to incorporate the analysis of PIA with other spreadsheets I have developed over the years to suit my personal system.

Regards,
Jarrad

I use PIA and have been very happy with it.
I find it easy to use and it has never let me down.
Well worth the price tag.

I also use it along with speadsheets that my wife designed.

Regards Simon H

Haven't yet used it but am interested myself. I would assume most ppl would just purchase the personal use version ($245)?

I have had PIA for quite a few years now and it is part of the reason why I was able to buy a lot of IP's quickly.

I was looking mostly for 'cashflow positive' IP's and when I'd plug in the details of one, and the bottom line cost per week would come out in brackets meaning it didn't cost, it made money from day one. Often the ROI would come out in ??? because the deal was so good the computor couldn't calculate it. Those were the days. Now every deal I checkout costs money so I have to figure if the future capital growth makes it worth it.

There are approx 15 reports in PIA, 14 graphs, 13 different calculators and appox 10 different settings so it is easy to tailor to how you want it all. I don't use if as much now but it is handy to calculate stampduty at a touch of a button.

Thanks for your continued input folks. Muchly appreciated..... sounds as if PIA may work well in conjunction with a spreadsheet as Simon and Quick Learner suggested. Got any examples guys???

Don't want to steal your trade secrets but would be really interested to see/learn what you've been developing.

ArJay :)

Back