pls recommend solicitor, buiding & pest inspector in Brisbane

We are about to make an offer on a property in Brisbane (south east side). I got the name of a solicitor firm recommended to us, but when I telephoned the office the person I wanted to speak had the day off and no one else in the office returned my call! I don't think I want to use this solicitor firm. So, I would appreciate it if someone could please recommend a solicitor or solicitor firm in Brisbane (prefer one understands HDT) that would read the contract and do the conveyancing if the vendors accept our offer.

Also, if you could recommend a building & pest inspector. The property is near new, brick & tile construction - but I still want an inspection report on building and pest.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

We use Ben Poulson for building and pest. ph. 3801 3608

As for conveyancing, Greg Mellifont and his staff at Shailer Park have also looked after us very well. ph. 3806 4488 ( CSM Conveyancing )

I'll be looking to use the same services, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

By the way, I was wondering if could anybody come up with some info about pricing (i.e. conveyancing, building and pest inspection)? Say how much would each typically cost? :)

I would highly recommend James Karayanis Solicitors in Ipswich, I have used them a number of times and find them very good - and quite inexpensive too - around $550 with gst for first time investors. Call 07 3202 2700.
BTW I am in no way affiliated with them.

Hi all

Hubby got another recommendation from one of his work colleagues who moved from Sydney to Brisbane and bought a house to be settled in a few weeks time. This person recommended Robert Downie Lawyers in Hamilton (07) 3268 5400 and we are using him. The standard fee for the conveyancing fee is about $500, but then you have to add on between $600 - $700 for searches etc. Total cost for conveyancing is in the range of $1,100 to $1,200.

Thanks for all your replies, though.

For my last Brisbane purchase back in July I used -

Andrew Carroll Located in Wishart for my conveyancing.

No problems what so ever. Very helpful and extremely well priced - Value for money.

For my Buildings and Pest Inspection I used the one company that does both - Queenslandwide House & Building Reports.

Thorough, well priced & Quick turnaround.

I will be using both parties again for my next Brisbane purchases shortly.

Legals - try Peter Jones & Peter Jones and Co. Allanah will be sure to look after you and is very thorough with your conditions you put into contracts. I tell the RE agent my conditions, forward these in my language to Allanah "at Peter Jones Co who puts the them into legal language and helps me explore all the angles with these and forwards these to the agent and reviews the contract before i get it.

Phone - 07 3397 9922

Tell her Scott from Weipa sent you!

OSS

The Wild One said:
Hi,

We use Ben Poulson for building and pest. ph. 3801 3608

As for conveyancing, Greg Mellifont and his staff at Shailer Park have also looked after us very well. ph. 3806 4488 ( CSM Conveyancing )

Ditto for Greg Mellifont. ALWAYS has the clients best interests at heart. Highly recommend him.

Thanks for everyone's contributions on building & pest inspectors and solicitors & conveyances. I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a thread with all these recommended people in it as I am sure they will be asked again. Since posting this thread I have also had some personal recommendations from friends outside the forums - which I will be happy to add to the list.

Ben Poulson Building and Pest

Hi Everyone,

I just used Ben Poulson Construction Services.
I can confirm he is fantastic...
By the way, his new phone number is 07 3287 7649

Back