PM Praise - for once

Hi

So often we hear horrow stories of PM's behaving badly and creating problems. . . . so, I thought I would offer up some freely given praise to my PM.

We have recently had a tenant give notice to vacate early. Nothing new, we've all been through that before, but, my PM has been very proactive in keeping us informed and has signed up a new tenant long before the old one moves out. The house will be vacant for 2 days and he got the same rent!!

There are good ones out there.

Dale

Its great to hear someone say something good about a PM.

There are some great onesout there that DO care. It's just that we always tend to hear the stories about the bad one - like anything else.

My property Manager

I've also got a 'great' property manager in the Melbourne suburb of Box Hill. Initially the 7.7% per month & two weeks rent for sourcing a new tenant was hard to swallow but I didn't try to negotiate because I wanted top service, and I've always had it.

Their crosschecking and general groundwork is great and they've actually turned away some prospective tenants because the weren't positive we'd end up with a good result.

Consequently we've never had one problem.

Ric

my property manager

I have no gripes about my property manager, they are honey not lemons.

If you are looking for PM on the outer north of Brisbane then I would gladly recommend "Aspley RE"and talk to
Clare O'Sullivan. She is the best!!. Reports religiously every 3 months, very particular about choice of tenants, if the house is beautifully presented in top class, she makes sure it is tenanted to the right type of people.

I keep in touch with her periodically, making sure every thing is fine. They are very prompt to get things fixed. I have been told the house is still in a beautiful condition in and out as it is located on over 700msq. section. The garden is also kept immaculate(sp).

So, if you are looking for a good PM talk to them highly recommended.
S

I've been really happy with my property manager (at least for my Queanbeyan property). I told her so in an email yesterday- she has mailed be back and asked me if she can use waht I have said for use for showing potential clients.

I'm quite happy for her to do that. As well as being good for her, it helps the professional relationship.

So if someone (not just PM) is doing a great job, let them know- and all the better if in writing.

My PM for IP1 is basically useless (Raywhite),
but I bought the place through them and stayed with them.

when the place got vacant I was lucky I found a tenant myself
I was expecting the painter and had left a note on the door with my phone number. how lucky was that?

I think their low performance is probably because they are overworked with many properties in their books.

My PM for IP2 is better (COLDWELLBANKER) but not the best.
When I had a vacancy and I wanted to drop my rent by $10 they ignored my request and later said that they didn't get the fax.
They leased it for the asking price though and they otherwise do things by the book.

Bill

I agree with Dale in that not enough PM's are praised. I genuinely feel that most of them are overworked, and are trying to manage (through no fault of their own) too many properties.

I can, however, happily recommend a PM in Singleton at D and J Pearce Real Estate, called Reagan. She is diligent, organised and efficient and doesn't put up with any crap!

Good to hear that there are some good ones out there as I have had several troubles with mine and being new to the game, haven't found a good one yet.

It is borderline to stay with them or not as there errors are minor but many as apposed to major errors and few.

Some examples, we were looking to get our first tennant to go into IP 1, specified we would prefer no pets and a few other things. Were also told it would rent for at least $260/wk which we thought was unrealistic. Got a call 2 days later with a prospective tennant, dog and 2 cats and keen to take it for 12 months for $230.........what the???? Eventually got someone in it for a reasonable price. Then got a bill for an emergency locksmith to repair "a broken front door lock". This was done the night before the new tennant moved in!! Charged $270 for new screen door handle!!! Didn't know anything about the door nor did they call for permission. After they originally said "we will let you know who gave the authority", they called back and said sorry, didn't ring and would refund fully. (That was good!!) Received our next month's statement and it had the s'ments for 4 other props attached, bank details and all. So not a real good start but I'm hangin in!

Sorry to bore you with the story but thought I would share for others to know what CAN happen!!

Dos

Jerry,

Great idea about the movie tickets, I hope you don't mind it if I use it myself. I bought a 'Gold Class Pack' last night online for my property manager in Box Hill (Victoria) for $85, she's done all the hard work, she deserves it and more.

She's just relet our house in Blackburn (the last people bought a house in the area and left the house in pristine condition) to a couple I think we'll be very happy with. Their agency, (I won't mention their names online but if anybody wants to know they can leave their email address and I'll get back to them) aim for the more corporate end of the market and really seem to come up with the goods.

Ric

My sister and BIL have 2 IP's in Wellington, NSW. One recently had a mantlepiece, stove and mirror stolen from it 2 days after tenant vacated. They've been through the insurance hassle and went there over the Australia Day weekend to check it out. It was supposed to have had the electricity turned on so they could work on it, and of course the stove was meant to be there.

Their PM actually lives next door to one of their IP's so offered to let them pick the keys up from her home as they would be arriving late. It was when they got there it was discovered that the electricity was not on at the IP. She asked had they eaten - which they hadn't, so she gave them a pot of chicken soup her mother had made for her.

She later called around to them in her nightie and said she was worried about them sleeping in the house with no electricity and why didn't they bring their blow up bed around to her place and sleep there for the night.

They didn't, but how nice was she!!

Olly

Back