PMs in Prahran, Victoria - New Investor

Hello everyone,

I'm a new investor, I just purchased a property Prahran at auction and have settlement in late May, 2009.

I would like the property to be leased out ASAP subsequent to this date. The real estate agent is quoting $420-450 p.w.

Need your help on some of the following questions (sorry, newbie):

* How realistic is the quoted rental vs. actual normally?
* Is there a PM people can recommend in the Prahran area?
* What I need to do from now until settlement to ensure effectively immediately lease?
* Anything I should be mindful of when dealing with PMs?

Thanks in advance.

Check realestate.com.au for similar propoerties for rent to check the pricing. Even go to inspect them if you want real comparison.

Check which PM's are a pain to deal with (posing as a potential renter) and chich ones are nice.

FWIW, we have used RUN and Hiam Sharpe in the area. HS is a bit old fashioned, RUN are sometimes a bit too modern....

Cheers,

The Y-man

would you consider letting privately to a fellow forum user?

Hi skylynx - I am actually relocating from Brisbane to Melbourne (in a month or so) hence looking to rent out my own upmarket property in New Farm... was on the forum looking for some PM advice myself and saw your post.

Please send me a private message via email asap if you would like to discuss bypassing the whole PM and letting your Prahran property to a fellow forum user.

:)

Barb

I just settled an apartment in Prahran a few months ago, and have used Jellis Craig. I was very impressed ... 1st IP so nothing to compare against, however I found them very helpful and have achieved higher rent than I expected, rented out by settlement date. Happy so far :)

Hi All

I am happy to give you rental comaprisons for wherever in Melbourne... No obligation, no catch...

It's sometimes hard to chose a good PM on the basis of the company they work for, as they all do the job differently... Look for a PM that has been at the company for a while.. On of the biggest problems with PM departments is that the staff change all the time.

I'd agree... Jellis Craig normally do a good job

Back