Pool solar heating recomendations?

neil - it wasn't this mob, but something similar. after two house moves in 12 months, and midst major reno, i can't find the info offhand. hope this helps.

http://www.poolpaint.com.au/

Thanks Lizzie, very interesting.
However, if I was going to go with a reno of the pool, i'd want to remove the pebblecrete, not just paint over it. The pebblecrete is horribly sharp and scratchy - i always end up with some cuts and scratches every year !

cheers

Neil

i too hate pebblecrete. i have seen a pool done in this finish and talked an applicator guy in sydney via internet.

the pool surface does still end up bumpy-ish because of the pebble, but it is not sharp or scratchy as the surface is a membrane coating.

from memory they acid wash/etch the pool, neutralise, epoxy undercoat and then two or three thick top coats of the finished colour. almost feels like a rubber surface, but hard.

so no scratches.

A neighbour at an existing house recounted a story of one of his friends who literally bought a roll of 20 mm polypipe and put it on the roof of his house. And ran it off a very small circulating pump. The result was that the pool became so hot, circa 35C, that it was unpleasant during summer.

Sounds like a great solution. Turn it off when it gets too hot. Something like this toegther with a pool blanket would be ideal.

we're looking at moving back into our ppor that has a pebblecrete pool ... was on roof solar heating but the heating developed a leak somewhere (untracable) so we just pulled it out.

i was thinking about putting a heat exchange pump in instead, but have since been told that heat exchange pump are expensive to run. is this true?

Back