Portland (coastal Victoria)

Has anyone had any experience investing in or around this area?
What are some thoughts about the coast of Victoria as a whole?

Looking for a good value under $150K

Thanks

Dan........have you got some inside info on a gold discovery under Portland?

A friend of mine has a couple of rental properties in Portland that he inherited. They are a major pain in the butt to him with dodgy tenants and low rent.

I have stayed in Portland on business many times and apart from being fairly isolated there is virtually no employment.

Having said that a business associate was telling me a while back someone like Safeway were going to build some incredible meat processing business down that way but I cannot confirm that.

Also a wind farm, but if its going to be like Albany in WA I cant see any great advantage.

I would favour Warnambool or Appolo Bay for an IP with a very big tourist factor in both towns.
The Great Ocean Road trip from Melb. to Appolo Bay and on to WarBool is huge with tourists and most either go back to Melb. or on to the Grampians and not Portland.

Halls Gap would be worth a good look as well......very popular with Germans, Dutch and other well heeled nature loving tourists and a great place to visit.
Many investors are doing very well there on short term rentals and get to use the property for themselves...with less hastle.

Good Luck

Back