Potential Macca's site?

Hi all

Firstly I am completely naive with commercial investments ( as will probably be glaringly obvious with my post). But how do the big guys like Macca's (speficially) find their sites?

I have my eye on a site which due to position and lack of close services think would be ideal for one of those big Service station/Macca's stops.

Also any ideas onwhere to start to get an idea of price? I'm guessing it varies alot of location and then land size? Is there anywhere I can do my own research or should I speak to commercial real estate agents?

Appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Thanks
Stacey

I know that many of the service station sites are picked up through an internal research division. In Perth because the market is a little smaller some companies use a subcontractor with plenty of industrial property experience.

The deals can be put together as a lease for the land and then the service station chain will construct the facilities or less commonly the owner will construct and a service station will lease the premises. These deals are often long-term with many options for renewal.

The challenges is to put these deals together, include:
  • The cost per square metre land to make service stations feasible enough for chains to consider are fairly low.
  • Service station sites want lots of car traffic and multiple entry next points. Preferably entrances are allowed from both flows of traffic.
  • Many of the service stations are joint venturing with a grocery chain and this means the numbers have to stack up for both joint-venture partners. It is a little harder to please two parties.
  • Ideally you will also have an investor who has the $$$ purchase the land. Some service station chains also have a book of investment partners waiting to bankroll service stations.

Back