Power of Attorney Qld

Hi I have just had a registered power of attorney done, but I am unsure of exactly what I have to write when signing on behalf of my husband.
If anyone can advise I would appreciate it

Thankyou

Jean

Your lawyer should of given you instructions on how they like it executed but anyway as a suggestion

sign your name, print your name and write as attorney for or under power of attorney for your husband's full name,

here is the legsln

Powers of Attorney Act 1998 s 69(1) . An instrument must be executed in a way showing the attorney executed it as attorney for the principal: s 69(2) . An instrument executed in accordance with s 69 is as effective as if executed or done by the principal with the principal's signature or signature and seal, or in the principal's name: s 69(3)

Thanks RPI

No I wasn't given any instuctions when I picked it up from the conveyancer. I live in a country town and the solicitor splits himself between 3 of them so wasn't there today, though I will email him.

What you said sounds good, it is for 2 new bank mortgages for our 2nd Ip, last time Paul was home to sign for everything himself. This time we knew we may have a problem which is why the bank suggested getting the POA done. He is home on Friday but as settlement for the land is a week Friday the bank is eager to have it signed before then to allow time for everything to run smoothly.

Fingers crossed I can fit so much in such a small space

Thanks again for your help

Jean

Found out what I am supposed to write

Pauls name by his duly authorised attorney my name under dealing no. _________ so declares that she has received no notice of revocation hereof

What a mouthful is that. No way is that going to fit in such a small space. I would have to write it out 12 times 6 times for each loan the deposit plus costs and the 80% finance.

I think I am going to have to wait for Paul to get home sign in front of a JP and drive out to Toowoomba to drop off at the main office (only a 2 hour drive if that from us) or take a chance on express post.

Just thought I would let you know in case anybody else ever needs to know in future.

Thanks for your help

Jean

Back