power of attorney

Needing advice on the finer points of using a so far unused power of attorney I have with two siblings, we had it drawn up a little while ago to deal with all property related issues.

Could someone describe an example of the phase that you would use when signing with the power of attorney ?

Also, say I was signing a purchase contract for a property at what stage of the proceedings does the " power of attorney certificate/form ? " come into play ?

Mark

I don't think the wording is critical.
How about something like this?
Signing on behalf of Joe Brown exercising power of attorney dated 10.10.2000??

Hi Mitta,
We've used these a bit .

I've just looked at a contract where we used it.. The document is signed by "Mary Brown" ....and the wording underneath is " John Brown by his attorney under power Mary Brown dated 30 May 2003 " .
(In this e.g. my wife was signing for me under the Pof A)

Then you will need to provide a copy of the actual PofA document ( by fax is usually OK). Note ..We have heard that you need a separate PofA for each State ...but not totally sure of the details on that point....but my wife found (some time ago now ) that she couldn't use our usual (Victorian) PofA for a deal in Qld... ??

With the purchase contract I would think this is only needed when you sign, and like I said , have a copy with you.

I think that's about it .
LL

Back