Pre Settlement Inspection & Settlement Day

short answer - no.

lawns dont generally come into it and you can reasonably expect that there will be the odd screw hole in the wall etc... perhaps they should have left the screw there, but hey, do you really want to delay settlement because of a dollars worth of putty and half an hour with a lawnmower??

just my opinion...

if the cupboards were ripped out or the carpet torn up or fixtures missing then maybe, but certainly not for that.

congrats on your purchase

cheers
UC:D

Cool, thanks guys:)

Yep, my solicitor said it wasn't a big deal...he said only if there's anything over 100 dollars' worth.

Getting keys after work, coolies! ^^

my solicitor said it wasn't a big deal...he said only if there's anything over 100 dollars' worth.
:eek:

even at a hundred dollars worth i'd want to see a good excuse...it really needs to be something that will affect your quality of life or a fixture that has been removed etc etc...

examples i've seen recently include a $3000.00 retractable umbrella over a pool (that was bolted to the ground), an LCD tv that was fixed to the wall, garden shed etc. in all cases the vendors had decided to remove the items (even though they were in the contract) and the buyer held up settlement until they were returned etc.

your solicitor is technically correct, but practically...

anyone got any examples of small stuff they have held up settlement for??? be interesting to see what and why etc...

cheers
UC:D

Back