Previous owner did not provide Security alarm code

Hi
I recently bought a property which has Security alarm installed in it. Previous owner has forgotten the security code and is unable to provide any information to me. What is the best way to unlock this alarm? There is a sticker on one of the window which says "Technisec Pty Limited" Installed by Technisec P/L (018) 64 1843 and (02) 832 3070. I have done google search but unable to find any where-abouts of the company. Can I find this company and contact. if not, can I get it uncoded from some other place. Any suggestions??

Please see attached pic..

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 86
Wow, how long has that sticker been there to still have the "old" format numbers!!?!?

I'd suggest you simply ring a local security system supply company to find out if they can do anything for you.

There is a sticker on one of the window which says "Technisec Pty Limited" Installed by Technisec P/L (018) 64 1843 and (02) 832 3070. I have done google search but unable to find any where-abouts of the company. Can I find this company and contact. if not, can I get it uncoded from some other place. Any suggestions??

Please see attached pic..

Just telephone a good install company to look at it. All alarms will have a factory default code to reset the alarm outputs and keypad. Failing that install a new Keypad and have the outputs programmed again.

As indicated above, a decent alarm tech/company should be able to decommision (I think that's the righg term) the alarm especially if it was monitored in the past and then likely reset and re-program from there.

Why not try a friendly letter to the vendor's solicitor explaining the problem and asking if the information can be forwarded to you.
Worth a try.
Marg

Why not try a friendly letter to the vendor's solicitor explaining the problem and asking if the information can be forwarded to you.
Worth a try.
Marg

Thanks everybody for their suggestions. I will call security companies to help me solve this problem.

Marg, I am in contact with previous owner but he has no idea of the code. Property was tenanted in a private agreement with the owner before and tenants did not maintained property well.

Try turning off the power and diconnect the battery. Power it up and try the factory default code '1234'.

Cheers,

Bazza

Well, it is really difficult to find the Security Company by this label. It seems that there might be local security dealer who had installed this system. Try to find out the from local security system directories. I hope you might get it.

Back