Private Sale

Hi, All

I searched the site and could not find any existing treads regarding private sale.

I am currently selling one of my IP. I am sick of the way the agents are doing. I initially gave three new homes to one agent to sell. He told me how good his method was. After 3 months, he did not secure ONE offer for my three IPs.

I also found at moment (the market is slow) a lot of agents are reluctant to advertise. For example, in the past, they might spend up to $800 per property, but now they would spend up to $300 by small ad and less frequency and less newspaper.

I have decided to go myself. Any successful tips by private sale you have applied?

Sorry Analyst what do you mean by "not much in it"? Do you mean the thread or the work involved in a private sale?

I did it once.

90% of the phone calls I got were from other agents trying to get the listing. :mad:

I had a sign on the front fence which I made myself and some local paper ads.

Sold it in 7 weeks, which was a bit long, but I had it advertised a bit high hoping for the best and eventually came down to the real value and sold it pretty quickly after that.

I "conditioned" myself as good as any agent could, and saved myself $10k ;).

I have done it. the bigest problem I see is not being abe to get on re.com.au, although in Syd or Melb you can get on Domain - not much use in SA without a paper to drive people to domain.

Back