Problem uploading a picture

I've been trying to upload a picture into a new post, and have not succeeded- I get a page with a message

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phpwakm9l) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/.../somersoft/httpdocs) in /usr/.../somersoft/httpdocs/.../functions.php on line 1688

What's especially interesting is the comment further down the page to contact the administrator if the error persists- the hyperlink is an email link without any email address. Obviously the administrator doesn't want to know :D

[edited slightly for security - Sim']

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I see the problem - happens for me too.

It looks like a configuration problem with the new server - I've submitted a support ticket and hopefully will have it resolved soon.

I'll let you know.

As for the email - I'm not sure why it didn't show up, the email addresses are configured correctly for the software, but my guess is that since there was a fatal error completing the request - there was a database lookup or something that didn't occur, so the email address information wasn't available to display.

test

/forums/photopost/data/519/1dv00054.jpg

[ EDIT: moved image to photo gallery and replaced with image link - Sim' ]

Last edited:
test2

/forums/photopost/data/519/1200203_p23m_01.jpg

Last edited:
test3

/forums/photopost/data/519/1200203_p23m_65.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it :).....but now we need to know all the details of each picture.

You can't leave us in suspense!!

Ruby :)

Dear Ruby,

Agree with that. It is the sadistic black humour streak that runs though us........... Sim included.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Alas, they are the one's that got away.

The first one is a 5BR house that I thought could be split into two 3BR units (3 up, 3 down). It turns out that it was never really on the market. *sigh*

Second is a lovely old 1910's house that we made an offer on - property was being sold as a "deceased estate"... the property was taken off the market when the old man came back from hospital very much alive. A case of over-enthusiastic children I think. It was in need of a lot of TLC, but had huge potential - and a huge block in a great position (East Ave, Kingswood SA for those who care). We were considering it for a do-upper PPOR back 5 years ago. It eventually did come back on the market, but I only found out about it after the event.

The picture you see was taken several months ago - and the current owners have done what we were going to do. We would have purchased for around $170K, and the renovated value now would be $400K+. *sigh*

The third is a lovely old blue-stone fronted house on Goodwood Rd, Goodwood SA which had been divided in half to make two 2BR units. Because of the zoning, was being marketed as office space - but still could have been rented out a residential. Needed a lot of work. There was already a contract on the place when I got there - but it was subject to finance (and some other strange clauses apparently), so agent was still showing people through (was vacant). Unfortunately the contract was completed. *sigh*

Dear Sim,

Too bad about the ones that got away.

But for every one that gets away there are a sea of ones that are ready for us to catch if we just look for them. :)

One that I have just worked out what to do with (commercially zoned but not suitable really for commercial (yet)) that has been on the market for 12 months has just had the agent changed and gone to Auction.

Pity. At a ridiculous price would have liked it to stay there for a little longer so I can improve my SANF a little bit more first then snap it up.

Well good for our active brains to work out the opportunities that others can't see.............. and then be ready to act.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

P.S. Overenthusiastic children............. What will happen to us?

Back