Process of Buying incl Recommended Conveyancer in Canberra/Queanbeyan

G'day all

I have read these forums for a long time, but never posted as i have usually had my friends answer me privately. However, i have a couple of questions - any advice/answers would be greatly appreciated!!

After many months of attending open for inspections and auctions as well as researching the market here in Queanbeyan (just out from Canberra but over NSW border), a real estate agent has shown me a property which is a deceased estate and hasnt been listed on allhomes yet (probably occur on Monday). It is priced at $299k and due to much popularity in Queanbeyan, it is sure to have a lot of attention.

The main problem i am having is that i leave for the Gold Coast on Thursday at 6am, and therefore i only have tomorrow to come up with an offer if i decide to proceed.

My friend from here on Somersoft has suggested that i organise an offer with conveyancer tomorrow and put a condition that it must be accepted by 9am on Monday or offer expires(also normal conditions of finance and building/pest inspections). However, he has also suggested i ask the experts here, who know much more than i do.

What would you suggest I do?
Does anyone know any good conveyancers in Canberra or Queanbeyan who is well regarded and can help me with this? Or somewhere i can find a list of conveyancers...

Any general suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as this is going to be my first home/investment property and i dont want to make any very costly mistakes from the beginning.

Cheers

-Carl

You don't need a conveyancer to help with your offer. You can do it by email or fax ,or over the phone and follow it up in writing.You don't need a conveyancer until you have signed on the dotted line.

Tools

Tools is right. You only need the conveyancer once you agree you are going to exchange.

However, make sure that you have the offer subject to finance and inspections. Make sure, absolutely, that the offer you are making is OK to go to completion, if it is accepted.

I'd be interested to know your agent in Qbn. M&C? Also where. PM if you like.

Back